My Two New Toys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
My credit card earns me reward points. We use the card for everything we can and just pay it off in full so we never carry a balance and never pay any finance charges. With the points they have a catalog of items you can get, but if you want something that is not in the catalog then you can tell them what it is and they will tell you how many points it will cost you, so you can basically get anything you want.

So far I have gotten 2 iPods, a Roomba, a Garmin GPS, and a number of other things. My latest two items I am really excited about.

This is what I just got in the mail.

A Zojirushi Rice Cooker
and
A Thermapen

I have wanted both of these items for a very long time now, but could never justify the price as they are both pretty expensive for what they are. But I basically got them with free money so I do not feel bad about getting them. I have had the rice cooker for a week now and have used it almost every day. It makes the best rice I have ever had. The Thermopen just arrived last night and I have already used it twice. It is super fast (takes 3 seconds at the longest) and it perfectly accurate. I am really enjoying both of these tools.

New toys are always a joy. Especially when they are things you have lusted after. Have a great time with them.

What's next on the wish list?

That is a good question Andy. I am out of toys that I want. Maybe a pressure cooker. It is going to take me some time to build those points back up though so I have some time to think about it.

I used points this year to buy our Aruba air fare tickets for $145 each. They are almost $900 each online now.

Gotta love the points!
:)I do the same thing everything goes on my card groceries,gas prescriptions etc.We also always pay off balance.Here the loot I got so far and it includes free shipping.Gotta love it.Garmin Street Pilot,foot spa,George Foreman grill with the changeble plates,Canon camera with printer,8 Lbs crab legs from Omaha Steaks,13 gallon Shop Vac a couple of other things I cant think of.

That's why you don't have a decent sound system.....you keep buying all that junk.

:LOL::ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well the sound system I would want would cost way more points then I will ever have at one time. Plus the hardest thing about the sound system is getting the wife to approve it. As it is, she asks me to turn down the volume every chance she gets :( Some day though, it will happen.

We do the same thing...
and have traveled very cheaply because of it.
It's great!

Enjoy your toys GB!!!!

Well the sound system I would want would cost way more points then I will ever have at one time. Plus the hardest thing about the sound system is getting the wife to approve it. As it is, she asks me to turn down the volume every chance she gets :( Some day though, it will happen.

WHA PSSSSSSSSSSS!

:LOL:

credit card

Good for you GB, but what kind of credit card do you have? Gosh I sure would like to get some new toys sometime. Thanks

:( You could have bought two thermapens with that special deal they were offering ... and given the other one to me! I would have let you keep the leather case.

Cool stuff.

Good for you GB, but what kind of credit card do you have? Gosh I sure would like to get some new toys sometime. Thanks
It is a platinum card through Citibank. There are no annual fees. I am not sure what the rate is, but that does not matter to me because we will never carry a balance on it, ever.

LOL - think about a very good quality set of cordless stereo headphones. Then you have a good excuse for not getting up to answer the phone when it rings .... and you don't have to listen to all those additions to the "honey do" list. :LOL:

Not that it will really work out that way .... :(

But, congrats on your new goodies! I've been wanting both but haven't been able to talk myself into letting go of the cash, yet.

I never get anything good with my reward points. I got two movie tickets from Capital One for putting my new sofa on it.

Then you have a good excuse for not getting up to answer the phone when it rings .... and you don't have to listen to all those additions to the "honey do" list. :LOL:
Oh Michael, you are living in the past. The answering machine answers all of our calls and the honey do list gets emailed to me :ermm:

Nice toys, GB! I especially like the rice cooker. Makes mine look primitive.....

Ours is a little small but it does the job that need be. I've considered the idea a few times on replacing it but I'm not going to just yet as it isn't worth the money and the cabinets that I'm dealing with aren't that friendly. However, six months down the road it's a whole new ball game as I'll be looking at a new kitchen and new toys so I'm trying to keep my patience. :chef:

GB,
I have a question: Is there a website to see the stuff you can get? (I am looking for a nice mandoline). My card gives me points towards the purchase of a car (new or used), it is a Citibank also but I'd be willing to switch since I don't use them often.

Back
Top Bottom