New Set of Flat Skewers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roadfix

Chef Extraordinaire
I just bought a set of these flat, 1/2" wide skewers and fabricated a 3" tall skewer rack out of 1/8" thick steel bar stock from Home Depot. With 'V' notches placed at 2" apart I can rotate the skewers to any angle and they'll stay put. Also, the flat skewers keep the food from slipping and rotating on itself as well.
Most racks I've seen do not do a good job at doing this and are not tall enough resulting slightly large skewered items touching the grill grate. Not good. The whole purpose of these racks is to keep the skewers off the grill grates.

These new skewers were an absolute joy to use last night on these meatballs. The handles did not get hot either as they were shielded from the rack.

Attachments

• P1050687.jpg
    P1050687.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 251
That's a nifty idea for when you aren't interested in getting grill marks. Very clever.

Thanks, I decided to do this after watching yakitori chefs and their grilling equipment ay my local yakitori joints I've eaten at. Also, there are no grill grates for ease of fuel replenishment.

Great idea road. That keeps you from having to wrestle with the food's sticking to the grate when you go to turn the skewer.

I have a bunch of square wrought iron skewers I inherited from my dad and I like them for laying flat on four sides.

Last edited:
Nice job RF. Do you do much metal working?

The flat skewers are so obviously a better idea, once you think of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom