New vintage mixing bowls!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
One of our wedding presents 30+ years ago was a set of four nesting blue and white Pyrex mixing bowls in what I have discovered is the Cinderella design.

I love these bowls - they're sturdy, heavy so they don't slide on the counter, and have pour spouts. But I have wanted new bowls since we renovated our kitchen in 2007 and changed the colors. I also broke the smallest one by dropping it on the porcelain tile floor and I miss having it. I haven't seen any new ones that I like as well.

Then by accident I found out that vintage Pyrex bowls are sold on eBay! And I found a Cinderella set in a pretty light yellow that goes great with my kitchen. Bought them and have been using them for the last few days. Makes me happy to see them. It's the little things :)

Old bowls and new to me small yellow bowl:

Attachments

• 1438622170509.jpg
    1438622170509.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Great find GG! I had some like that but lost them somewhere along life's way.

Once in a while I'll bring up something I no longer have and wish I did. Steve is a wiz on ebay, and has found me countless things, even my favorite shade of lipstick that's no longer sold in stores. Most recently he replaced a little square glass water jug I used for years and broke. I love that thing, and it takes me back through the years.
img_1431062_0_f42f3f6ecc03a638c7c5adc0df614eb9.jpg

Nice, GG! My Mom didn't have those Pyrex bowls; she had the standard nesting mixing bowl set in rainbow colors. However, the mom of my friend down the street did. I thought they were the coolest things!

When cleaning out my folks' house, I got rid of Mom's wooden bread box. Then I wish I had kept it. Found the exact same one on eBay and bought it. Now it occupies a place of honor on my kitchen shelf. eBay, a source for lost memories...

Ebay is my first choice to look for vintage Corning Ware, which is supposed to be superior to the modern Corning Ware baking dishes. I have quite a collection by now:LOL:. You can tell by the numbers on the bottom if they are old pieces.

It so happens that this vintage serving bowl just arrived in the mail from ebay. We have a clear one just like it that's used almost daily, so it always seems to be in the dishwasher. Now we have two!
img_1431104_0_8237ee7d9f7168a907b93bc0689daa5a.jpg

I love mixing bowls, especially vintage ones like these. I had some (not as pretty as those!) that were gifted to me but most have been broken over the years. I always have my eye out for them in thrift stores. We have a seller at the local flea market but they charge a small fortune for them.

eBay

I love eBay!! So far I have gotten forks, spoons, and serving spoons for Kayelle's discontinued pattern, as well as additional Corelle bowls. Her big colander wore out, so I got a replacement!
The latest was that green Fostoria serving bowl.

Last edited:
GG, that's a great find! I love the blue. Vintage pyrex nesting bowls can fetch a pretty penny on ebay.

I love what I have left from my late mom's collection. :wub: I broke one of the large ones a couple of years ago and nearly cried. Accidentally hit it against the sink when I was washing it. :( The two pour spouted ones on the right are from the same set, I think it's called Americana...or Early American...something like that. The one that originally nested in the middle of those two was the one that got broke.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 195
It so happens that this vintage serving bowl just arrived in the mail from ebay. We have a clear one just like it that's used almost daily, so it always seems to be in the dishwasher. Now we have two!
img_1431144_0_8237ee7d9f7168a907b93bc0689daa5a.jpg

That's beautiful! I love the color.

GG, I inherited the exact same big blue bowl from DH's first victim, um, wife! Same blue. It has served me well for many years.

Kayelle, I have that pickle dish, only it's clear.

Last edited:
GG, I inherited the exact same big blue bowl from DH's first victim, um, wife! Same blue. It has served me well for many years.

Kayelle, I have that pickle dish, only it's clear.

It's awfully big to be a pickle dish Dawg, but then again I don't know the size of your pickles.. snorting and slapping knee. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom