Nifty looking measuring cups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
These seem almost obvious, once you see them. I think they are a great idea.

shape_itself_tells_the_unit_of_measure_layout.jpg

Here's a link to the page selling them. At $22 or $24, I am in no hurry to buy them though.

These measuring cups are designed to visually represent fractions for intuitive use

I saw something like that many years ago, at a much lower price, but obviously, they didn't catch on. And at that price, I think these will suffer the same downfall.

Last edited:
What I like about these is you can tell at a glance what size each one is. No squinting to make out barely legible or completely worn off labels.

I won't be buying them though. Rarely need to measure and when I do, usually weigh instead. Also, if they don't nest I wouldn't want them. There isn't a hole at the end of the handles so you can't keep them together or hang on the wall and clear plastic won't stick to a magnet. You'd have to store them loose in a junk drawer type deal.

What I like about these is you can tell at a glance what size each one is. No squinting to make out barely legible or completely worn off labels.

I won't be buying them though. Rarely need to measure and when I do, usually weigh instead. Also, if they don't nest I wouldn't want them. There isn't a hole at the end of the handles so you can't keep them together or hang on the wall and clear plastic won't stick to a magnet. You'd have to store them loose in a junk drawer type deal.

These do nest. That's probably why the 1/3 cup measure is a little weird looking, so the 1/4 cup measure will fit inside of it.

I hear ya about weighing instead of measuring with a cup. I'm switching my recipes to grams, so that makes these a bit less appealing.

They nest.

Someone should do this with measuring spoons. I may want to weigh most of my ingredients, but I won't be giving up the measuring spoons anytime soon.

Speaking of measuring spoons, I just ordered these from Amazon. I'm tired of my round ones not fitting inside spice jars.

Attachments

• measuring spoons.jpg
    measuring spoons.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
I got a batch of measuring spoons like that way back from KA, which has a 1/8 tsp, 3/4 tsp, and 1/2 tb measuring spoon, in addition to the usual ones. It's amazing how often those extras come in handy!

Back
Top Bottom