Oil Bottle that doesn't drip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sjak

Assistant Cook
Hi all,
Can anyone recommend an oil bottle that doesn't leak?
I am looking for a modern looking one.

Thank you

I believe I got mine from Williams-Sonoma and it works very well, no dripping at all. If you don't have one of those where you live, try and find a restaurant supplies store. Also, if aesthetics don't matter, you can always get one of the clear condiment bottles, like what you would put ketchup in, and use those. Good luck!!

I pop out the plastic thingy and shove in a liqueur pourer. Some come with a little lid. They look like a plastic wine cork with a spigot on top. I also use a pourer for my dish soap and put it in a fancy bottle. You can get them in kitchen stores.

Last edited:
cmontg34 said:
I believe I got mine from Williams-Sonoma and it works very well, no dripping at all. If you don't have one of those where you live, try and find a restaurant supplies store. Also, if aesthetics don't matter, you can always get one of the clear condiment bottles, like what you would put ketchup in, and use those. Good luck!!

Guy Fieri does that! Love his bottles, he has his own line.

Yep, he was exactly who I thought of when I wrote that, but his are probably more expensive than the generic ones. They are quite handy though, don't you hate having to open bunches of bottles while you're right in the middle of cooking. Blech.

cmontg34 said:
Yep, he was exactly who I thought of when I wrote that, but his are probably more expensive than the generic ones. They are quite handy though, don't you hate having to open bunches of bottles while you're right in the middle of cooking. Blech.

I can't find them here. Such a simple concept. We repurpose when we can.

Good thread, cmontg!

I pop out the plastic thingy and shove in a liqueur pourer. Some come with a little lid. They look like a plastic wine cork with a spigot on top. I also use a pourer for my dish soap and put it in a fancy bottle. You can get them in kitchen stores.

I was about to try and explain one of those since I couldn't remember the name. Your explanation sounds better than mine would have. I was going to say that little thingy with a metal pee pee on the end that they use in bars :LOL:

Timely thread.
I have a bottle that I bought at Walmart. I like it's looks. Tall, slender, square shape to the bottle, didn't drip. I've had it for about 6 months and the ridges on the pourer that keep it from leaking totally disintegrated. I was trying to take the pourer out of the bottle yesterday, in hopes of transferring the spigot setup to a rubber cork, when it totally broke. Some plastic thingy that I think had something to do with regulating the amount of oil flowing when the bottle was upended just fell off into the oil. So now it is totally shot. I was going to make a trip to wally world and try to get a manufacturer's name and see if they will send me a new top... if they still sell them... but I really like the idea of the liquor bottle pourer. I might even have one laying around somewhere, if it fits this bottle.

Thanks all for the replies.
I have decided on a bottle.

Attachments

• image-400905687.png
    image-400905687.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 322
Oxo makes a great pouring top that has a lever closure. It fits tightly into the top of a wine bottle etc. I have two going in dark green and brown wine bottles for olive and canola oil. Never had the oils go rancid.

I don't like the plastic bottles, they are too hard to clean. I am going to look for something in glass that I can use a liquor pourer thingy in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom