OMG I bought a Slap Chop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabagoo

Cook
Some door to door sales person came by my office a couple weeks back flogging Slap Chops. I figured What the heck. I bought it. Cheaply made. I tried chopping an onion.......it basically mashed it up.
There is now a discarded Slap Chop in the garbage can by the curb it anyone wants it!!!! lol:LOL:

E-bay it. Maybe autograph it first.... :)

For sale: Customized slap chop used by famous chef to develop internationally noted onion mash. Get this one of a kind original and the secret onion mash recipe signed by chef. Must have tool for foodists.

Have not tried the grater yet, hopefully that works, so it's not a total loss.

E-bay it. Maybe autograph it first.... :)

For sale: Customized slap chop used by famous chef to develop internationally noted onion mash. Get this one of a kind original and the secret onion mash recipe signed by chef. Must have tool for foodists.

yess

My wife got the one from pampered chef and it is good. I would rather use a knife or a food processor but it does a similar job. Would not buy it again. Maybe has a need at a place where you have to "take your kitchen with you."

To the OP, thanks for the equipment review on this. I have to admit that I've been tempted when I've seen it at Target. That freaky guy on TV makes it look so amazing. Watching that guy is like watching a train wreck for me. I'm fascinated by my fascination. So, back to my chef's knife...

I would add that the onion chopper I bought at IKEA was equally useless. I threw it away after one "use". It infuriates me when an object that is specifically designed to do ONE THING ONLY fails miserably. And sadly, most of them do.

If something is cheap it is inevitable cheaply made. Bought a very inexpensive blender to use only for smoothies, and has to return it because it couldnt handle a fresh pear, didnt even chop it.

Back
Top Bottom