Panini Machine, what can I substitute?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookie69

Assistant Cook
Good Morning , I don't have a pannini machine and I would liketo know what to use to replace one . There is so many wonderful pannini recipes and I would like to try them without having to buy one . Thank you and have a great day .

Good Morning , I don't have a pannini machine and I would liketo know what to use to replace one . There is so many wonderful pannini recipes and I would like to try them without having to buy one . Thank you and have a great day .

We used CI pan with a weighted down CI lid, usually used foil wrapped bricks. The pinnini or Cuban sandwiches had sheets of foil underneath and on top to catch any melted cheese that might ooze out. We now have a press, but from time to time use the above method in the oven.

A panini press is really nothing more than heat and weight. As has been previously suggested, you can use what you have on hand to accomplish that end. I've used cast iron, foil-wrapped bricks, etc. and all have been mentioned here. Just use what you can find around your kitchen/home and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Some very good friends who own a restaurant in the Bahamas use the George Foreman Grill that I gave them as a panini press. They also use it to precook the crusts for the personal size pizzas that they serve. They've been using it for that for about 4 years now with good results. Their Cuban sandwich and the personal pizzas are two of their biggest sellers.

Some very good friends who own a restaurant in the Bahamas use the George Foreman Grill that I gave them as a panini press. They also use it to precook the crusts for the personal size pizzas that they serve. They've been using it for that for about 4 years now with good results. Their Cuban sandwich and the personal pizzas are two of their biggest sellers.

I use our Cuisinart Griddler for panini/Cubans. But the simplest solution is the skillet and foil covered brick or two skillets to press the sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom