Pepper Mills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stevie

Cook
I've been shopping around the net for pepper mills. I have an Old Thompson acrylic 12" and have never been truley happy with it's grind, usually too course. I'm thinking about an Atlas 8 1/2" Brass. Any opinions?

Steve check out PCFallon. I have the 12" professional salt and pepper grinders and like both of them. They are instantly adjustable for three different grinds and work great. Here is a link. I dont know how it will appear but it should take you to the site whether its clickable or not. http://www.pcfallon.com/
Ross

i just have a cheapie from williams-sonoma. it only cost me $17. it's good for a coarse grind.

I liked the Atlas alot but after reading some reviews and testimonials I elected for the 8" Peugeot. That site had the best price and free shipping over $59.00. I couldn't beleive they had an All-Clad 1qt. saucepan on special for $19.95 so I bought that to bring my total to $59.90 It doesn't come with a lid but I already have a 1 1/2qt. with a lid so it should fit.

I bought my first Peugot 25+ years ago. Still use it everyday for black pepper. We use lots! I subsequently purchased another for white pepper. I got one for salt. Don't actually think grinding salt is necessary. Use kosher salt mostly. Like the large grain and no addatives, but the grinder is a lovely touch on the dinner table. I had a couple of others prior to the Peugot and have received a couple as gifts since. They have all been given to charity. I think it is pretty impressive that the grinding mechanisms have handled nearly 3 decades of heavy use without so much as a whimper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom