Recipe Storage Solutions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We don't own a computer...

Wow. That just blows me away, just because of my background. My mom and stepfather gave me my first PC in 1988 or so, when they upgraded the computers in the business they ran together. Hard to believe it's been that long. That led to my career - print design on the computer, then networking, then website design, then website management.

What are you waiting for? ;)

Wow. That just blows me away, just because of my background. My mom and stepfather gave me my first PC in 1988 or so, when they upgraded the computers in the business they ran together. Hard to believe it's been that long. That led to my career - print design on the computer, then networking, then website design, then website management.

I bought my own first computer about then - but I was already past 40 so my parents weren't buying me stuff any more. ;)

Sometimes I forget that others aren't as connected as we are. Computers are a hobby, I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time, I just figure it out. Just about every room in my house has some kind of connected device, I'm still working on getting the bathrooms connected...

I'm playing around with a Raspberry Pi at the moment, as usual I have no idea what I'm doing but it's fun.

My first computer, second, third and fourth - my Dad made for me. I bought a new one when I started college as I needed the connectivity to access the library from home.

I got the Living Cookbook disk today so I can move from my computer to Shrek's computer. His is more comfortable to sit at when typing. I have started a new cookbook called Discuss Cooking Forums, I've been putting all the recipes in it that I have gotten from the site and the one's I''ve done, along with attributions. Coming together nicely.

I use Pepperplate. I like it because it also has a meal planner and it's easy to grab recipes from the internet. Sine the data is stored in the "cloud" I can access them from multiple devices and share the account with family members.

For use in the kitchen, I run the "app" on a 10" tablet that sits under one of the cabinets. The "cook now" function formats the recipe into larger easy to read format and allows you to set multiple timers. When it's time to cook a meal from the planner, all of the recipes for that meal are displayed in a tabbed format in the cook now view making it easy to switch between them.

Thanks for the tip on Pepperplate .40
What a great little app.....for free. I especially like the little button you can add to your "bookmarks" bar to automatically add recipes from recipe web sites. :)

Back
Top Bottom