Spice grinder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Featherblu

Assistant Cook
I'm a sucker for a new kitchen tool and thought this one had some merit. Ceramic grinder with inserts that you can change and store your whole spices. Sits with the grinder facing up so no counter mess. Ordered one yesterday.

Attachments

• VaseSpiceGrinder.bmp
    187.8 KB · Views: 121
same, a coffee mill separate for spices. McCormack used to have a grinder top which screwed onto their bottles.

I use the grinders that come with some of the spice bottles nowadays and like licia I use a coffee mill for anything else that needs to be ground.

There are just so many great gadgets available now.

I def. use a coffee grinder, or sometimes a mortar and pestle. It seems like you are stuck with only one spice in that grinder once you insert it though.

Recieved this item the other day - quite impressed. I, too, use a coffee grinder - great for making 5-spice powders or anything that requires a good amount of product. I use a mortar and pestle when I need some thing more cracked than ground (cracked pepper for pepper vodka :)). I think this will be great for - a. keeping whole spices organized and fresh and b. ease of use when a small amount is called for. The inserts that hold the product come with caps for storage (look to be quite air tight) and you replace them in the grinder by turning a locking stopper, changing spice containers and reinserting the stopper - flick of the wrist. I'm thinkung of repackaging all my spices in these containers, vacuum seal and freeze any extra and make a rack/tote to organize. We'll see if it works.

Back
Top Bottom