The find I found

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
There is a beautiful cooking store in town but it is $$$. I rarely go in there because I just get sad by all the stuff I want but can't afford...My sister is here so we decided to go in and look around. I found this Le Creuset 12 quart pot! 50% off! I got it for only $60!!! It will be soo handy! I don't like when I make a chowder and have to use 2 pots or pasta without enough water in there. I am looking forward to the use to come of this huge pot! Just thought I'd share. Yippee!

Attachments

• 100_4139.JPG
    100_4139.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 209
congrats and bonne chance with your new le creuset, cora!

12 qts is a nice size. you could do small lobsters in it.

What a great buy, Cora!! I can definitely share your excitement, we had some of those moments at our newly acquired kitchen "toys"!!:rolleyes: A big pot will surely come in handy with two healthy growing boys always hungry for your goodies!!

Have lots of fun with it!!

That's a great buy! My mother lives near a Le Creuset discount store and they are not that cheap there! In fact, even full US price is not bad compared to UK prices, so I think your buy is doubly thrifty!

I hope you really enjoy it. Its amazing how much what you cook with affects your cooking, emotionally as well as practically.

corazon90 said:
There is a beautiful cooking store in town but it is $$$. I rarely go in there because I just get sad by all the stuff I want but can't afford...My sister is here so we decided to go in and look around. I found this Le Creuset 12 quart pot! 50% off! I got it for only $60!!! It will be soo handy! I don't like when I make a chowder and have to use 2 pots or pasta without enough water in there. I am looking forward to the use to come of this huge pot! Just thought I'd share. Yippee!

Macy's also has this, but it's about half that size, I think. I saw it there the other day.

I think I got enough Emerilware SS Cookware to handle large cooking jobs, including chowder.

Plus I still have a monster 17-qt. Vollrath SS stock pot.

~Corey123.

Sorry, the pot I saw at Macy's was a Chantal. But it looks just like this one.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Well, I went in to the Le Creuset discount store I told you about and saw some lovely things, but nothing as good value as your huge pot! In fact, there was a lovely but smallish casserole in Lavender that was heart shaped and I thought was lovely for winter nights whern it is just the two of us, but that was in numbers (60) the same as you paid for your giant, and then when you consider sixty sterling is about $90 ish dollars it seems even worse.....! I love the new Le Creset colours, the verdant green, the butter yellow and even the new pastels, lavender, pale blue and pale pink. But I think the old firey orange/yellow is iconic, and love it for that reason alone.

corazon90 said:

Great deal! I love the big Le Creuset stuff, but it has always been more money than I could justify spending. I would have snapped this one up in a heartbeat though. Congrats, and happy simmering!

Kelly

Back
Top Bottom