What is your favorite kitchen gizmo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meat Grinder & Espresso Machine. - These are the 2 gizmos w/o which my kitchen looks incomplete. While writing this, cup of coffee is in my table.

Last edited:
The kitchen scale. I had to stop and think about all those things I have in there, and what I use the most, and that was it! Hardly any day goes by when I don't use it, and it saves a lot of time and dish washing. As far as the actual food preparation items, the Vitamix is used more often than the FP, mixer, spice grinder, meat grinder, or other such items in my kitchen, but often, when using some of the others, the scale is used, in addition to them, and many times without.

Not really a kitchen gizmo, I have this (almost identical looking) wine cork puller on the bar counter and use it quite regularly.

Attachments

• Wine_Opener_.jpg
    Wine_Opener_.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 200
Recently, i've bought this nice guy and I'm so happy with it. It may seemed to be a little bit useless, but in fact, if you a wine-lover it's one of the most popular and useful thing in your kitchen.

I can't call myself a wine expert, but I have a big collection of good bottles and one friend of mine once told me to buy a cooler for my wine bar.

I guess by what I use the most, I have a set of these egg rings that mold
the eggs into a circle as they fry in the skillet. I process a dozen eggs at a time and freeze them. With these I can make my own Eggs McMuffins, Egg sandwiches, or shred one for use in Asian rice dishes.

My small whisk seem to be in constant use.

Then there's my immersion blender.

I would say my Google Home. No more fiddling with (or running out of) timers, just ask for conversions, or to add an item to my grocery list, even pipe an online recipe to it and get ingredient lists and directions step by step.

Of course I control all my lighting with it as well.

My pot/utensile hanger is the best. My yougest dauter welded it together in high-scool shop clas. I shot the paint on it
It's a thing of braty, is supremely handy, and it was made by my daughter especially fo me. Her then boyfreind made me an amazing meat tenderisor in his shop class. It is heavy enough to crush and tenderize any meats, or nuts, brittle, etc.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

My favourite kitchen tool would probably be this infrared thermometer. It's very convenient because I don't have to stick it into the food and then worry about washing it. The kids also like to help me check temperatures using this because it's like a toy so that's one way they can be involved in the kitchen.

My garlic press. Although as my cooking and knife skills have progressed over the years, I dont use it as much, I still love having it on hand when I have to crush a significant amount of garlic.

A huge, extremely over sized bowl ( and I mean HUGE) to mix things in without the content overflowing and spilling all over the place ( salads, pasta salads ...anything that needs mixing )

My Spirooli ( vegetable shredder/ spiralizer that makes veggie noodies). I primarily use it to shred cabbage when making sauerkraut. Occasionally for veggie noodles, although im not a big fan of them anymore.

My mini spice grinder ( easier and than mortar and pestle , at least for me , anyway).

My mother used to have so many kitchen appliances she used once or twice.... so I decided my own kitchen won't be filled with useless or occasional gadgets. All I can say I have a decent infrared thermometer which I use almost every time and 14" pizza slicer.

... speaking of cheese accessories ...

IMG_6212.jpg

IMG_6213.jpg

DH went Christmas shopping by himself a few years after we moved to The Mainland. He went to this really cute kitchen store in town when we lived in Southern Arizona. All of the sales gals were all over him, "What can we help you find?" DH replied, my wife loves to cook and I want to get her some new toys. :wub:

This is a Cheese Knife, meant to soft cheeses, which I love.
The ridges certainly make slicing soft cheeses so much easier.

Not a necessity, but it sure is a game changer :chef:

I absolutely love my pigtail food flippers. You can find them on Amazon, but my grandmothers both had them so they have been around.

Attachments

• pigtails.jpg
    pigtails.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 97
I absolutely love my pigtail food flippers. You can find them on Amazon, but my grandmothers both had them so they have been around.

They sound like a good idea, but do you have any idea why they are so expensive? On Amazon.ca the most expensive ones were just over Cad $80 (~US $60).

They sound like a good idea, but do you have any idea why they are so expensive? On Amazon.ca the most expensive ones were just over Cad $80 (~US $60).

I have no idea. When I searched them on Amazon, a set of two ran between $15 and $25 USD. Did you see the left-handed one? (Yes, they really have them for lefties.)

I use mine all of the time. I know that NEITHER grandmother would have had them if they were spendy. :LOL:

I have no idea. When I searched them on Amazon, a set of two ran between $15 and $25 USD. Did you see the left-handed one? (Yes, they really have them for lefties.)

I use mine all of the time. I know that NEITHER grandmother would have had them if they were spendy. :LOL:

even $15 - $25 sounds expensive to me. It's just a bent metal rod with a handle. A nice slotted spoon costs that and it has to be harder to make.

even $15 - $25 sounds expensive to me. It's just a bent metal rod with a handle. A nice slotted spoon costs that and it has to be harder to make.

I use my pigtails much more than most other things while cooking. Including slotted spoons. :) It's one of my very favorite kitchen gizmos.

Back
Top Bottom