Who Needs This? Seriously!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well yeah, I suppose if you had little ones.
For our household, everyone is all grown up,

but then …

that would mean a new wave of keikis (children).
Our eldest Grand-nephew is 19, theoretically we could see
Great-Grand Nieces and or Nephews in the near future.
but then …

I already own a very nice paring knife that does the job nicely.

As Alton Brown would call the above item and single use item that would have no place in my kitchen :LOL:

I peeled some grapes for DW one tie, a very tedious process. Does that count? Yeh, I'm thinking that is such a useless gadget. I lay out grapes and olives in rows, and use my 0 inch chef's knife to halve, then quarter 6 or 7 at a time. Much more efficient than that gizmo. One of the salads DW loves involves sliced grapes.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I guess I must be the only old f**t here. That looks like a real good idea to me. Better than trying to cut holding a knife with hands that aren't working too good.

Heads up young people. When you get older and need to take pills, some of those meds will make your hands and feet feel numb.

Last edited:
I guess I must be the only old f**t here. That looks like a real good idea to me. Better than trying to cut holding a knife with hands that aren't working too good.

Heads up young people. When you get older and need to take pills, some of those meds will make your hands and feet feel numb.

While I am an old fart too, I don't have that issue. Wouldn't cleaning it be a nightmare with hands that need something like that?

It's really easy to forget that a lot of gadgets and things like straws, make life much easier for people with disabilities. Thank you for the reminder cookieee.

Wouldn't they just eat a grape whole?

What about grandparents who baby sit their small grandkids and want to feed them grapes/ tomatoes/ and whatever needs to be cut into small pieces that will fit into the cutter? lol

This discussion can go on forever. GG you bored also? lol

I should think just a quick swish in hot soapy water would do the trick... probably less troublesome than a mandoline/food processor and a few other kitchen gadgets, ummm egg slicer (which I love!) also comes to mind.

I have a few recipe that call for halved grape tomatoes.

unless you're one of those that leave cleaning up til waaay after clean-up time and everything is dried on solid... :)rolleyes: oh oh, think I just let my secret out of the closet)

I try to always wash the tools I used for prepping food as soon as I'm done. But, there are times when I just don't have the spoons after cooking. That's when food gets dried on.

I should think just a quick swish in hot soapy water would do the trick... probably less troublesome than a mandoline/food processor and a few other kitchen gadgets, ummm egg slicer (which I love!) also comes to mind.

I have a few recipe that call for halved grape tomatoes.

unless you're one of those that leave cleaning up til waaay after clean-up time and everything is dried on solid... :)rolleyes: oh oh, think I just let my secret out of the closet)
HA HA!!!!!!

Ever since DH has had to take over the duties, I have been trying like crazy to get him to learn to soak certain things. lol

Back
Top Bottom