All Clad alternatives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bandnerd1892

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone! I'm in the market for pots and pans but I can't really afford All Clad. Are there any alternatives that anyone could suggest? Thanks a lot everyone!

I don't have any suggestions myself, but maybe if you gave a price range that might help.

There are lots of less expensive alternatives to All-Clad for stainless steel clad cookware. Cuisinart, Calphalon, LeGourmet Chef, etc. all offer quality SS clad cookware.

Search the internet for price deals. If you have access to Costco, Sam's Club often have great deals on cookware under their brand names.

Thanks alot! I've seen cuisinart in several places for good prices. I guess I'll give that a try. Thanks again!

I have some of the cuisinart tri-ply ss and I like it very much. Be sure and check out Sam's though because I've heard from many, many people that their Member's Mark set of tri-ply ss is excellent and is very similar to Calphalon and All-Clad. Good luck and let us know what you got!

There are many tri ply stainless alternatives. From store brands to name brands made in countries that don't pay our standard of wages. Not all will be dishwasher safe or magnetic fro induction cooktops, (neither of which may be a need anyway). Certainly you can get some decent cookware out there for a price you can afford.

From what research I've done, Calphalon Tri-Ply seems to be the next best thing. It's still pricey, but not All Clad pricey. I'm about to start adding some new pieces and plan to pick up the Calphalon TP.

Admittedly, I want something All Clad, just to say I have one. lol :-p

From what research I've done, Calphalon Tri-Ply seems to be the next best thing. It's still pricey, but not All Clad pricey. I'm about to start adding some new pieces and plan to pick up the Calphalon TP.

Admittedly, I want something All Clad, just to say I have one. lol :-p

Go to Cookware and More and find out when their next sale is going to be and go for it.

I'll go with the others and say that Calphalon is probably your next best bet. I'm something of a cookware snob so I'm sort of rigid anyways....but even if I weren't, I couldn't recommend anything from Cuisinart in good conscience. They've just really gone downhill over the years.

Hello everyone! I'm in the market for pots and pans but I can't really afford All Clad. Are there any alternatives that anyone could suggest? Thanks a lot everyone!

I have some experience to speak from here so I'll put my two cents in. First off, I'll say that I am not a professional chef, and the only training I have if from my Mom who is a "natural" and can make anything taste good. I have an induction hob, so ferrous cooking vessels are all I can use. Third, I am fortunate enough that I can afford whatever cookware I want, but still don't see the need to throw money away.

I have several All-Clad SS pieces (saute pan, fry pans regular and non-stick, several sauce pans) that are wonderful except for the handle - not really an issue most of the time, however because I have strong hands (most know the issue with All-Clad handles is that they fit somewhat awkwardly in the hand and there is little mechanical advantage afforded based on this design - they are however aesthetically pleasing and stay cool).

Several have mentioned Calphalon SS and Cuisinart, neither were suitable for my needs as neither are magnetic - I have handled both and both look like they are of reasonable quality.

I wll have to say that one of my favorites is the All-Clad's Emerilware ProClad line (a fully-clad design as opposed to bottom only). Looks good, has a great handle - better than the US made All-Clad flagship line if you ask me - and performs without any drawbacks that I have identified (I have a 1qt. and 3qt. saucepan and 12" frypan). This line is exclusive to Bed Bath and Beyond stores and is about 50% of the price of regular All-Clad. There is also Emerilware Stainless which is a clad bottom only. I have a 1qt. open saucier and 8 qt. stockpot - both are adequate and look fine, but the thiness of the sides of the vessels (only the bottom is clad) gives it somewhat of a cheap feel - again, I have no problems with the two pieces I have but they really aren't used for anything important - again about 1/2 the price of regular All-Clad.

I also have a LeCreuset 1.5qt. saucepan on on order that I got fairly cheap as a "try-me" piece, but I haven't laid eyes on it yet. Besides, this line is premium priced as is All-Clad, so it really should not factor into this discussion. I also have some experience with Berndes and Viking, again both very nice but also premium priced.

One little note I have to kick in is that the BB&B store here allows customers to use their ubiquitous and plentiful 20% off cupons on anything in the store despite the disclaimer that it can't be used for All-Clad among others, so I have purchased almost all of my stuff there for that nice discount.

DH gave me a set of Calphalon pans last Christmas and I love them :wub: Clear lids, handles that stay cool, easy to clean, can go in the oven - great, great pans. I've seen them at Target for a good price.

I recently bought the Cuisinox brand cookware and I am really impressed, well my wallet is too. Way cheaper than Calphalon or All-Clad & they are induction ready which is good too. Very nice pans with teflon coating, and stock pots that really do the job. I bought it at on line via best cookware set.com Let me know what you think.

I have both All Clad and a couple Cuisinart pans. The Cuisinarts I have use a thick base to dissipate the heat. Cuisinart is made in China and All Clad is made in the USA.

I have both All Clad and a couple Cuisinart pans. The Cuisinarts I have use a thick base to dissipate the heat. Cuisinart is made in China and All Clad is made in the USA.

Cuisinart makes a couple of different lines of cookware. They have a disk on the bottom line. I think it's called Everyday. They also have a fully clad line. Based on in store examinations, they look well made and substantial in weight. Calphalon also has a fully clad line of cookware. I have the 3-quart saute pan with a glass lid. It's an excellent product. I use it a lot.

My favorites are a 1.5 qt and 2 qt Tramontina Tri-ply clad that I got at Tuesday Morning for a fraction of their original price. I wish I could find a couple more but they aren't readily available, at least in this area.

I use the Wolfgang Puck Cafe Collection 18/10 stainless(Sam's Club)Nice and heavy, decently priced. Came with glass lids. Only thing i do not like about them, is the handles get VERY hot, even though they are designed to stay cool.

Back
Top Bottom