All Clad set at Williams Sonoma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is a LOT of money--top price obviously. Have you looked on Amazon? I believe even the Chef's Catalog would be less than that. And do you want all the pieces?
Costco and Sam's have All Cladd "knockoffs" that are very very good. And Wolfgang Puck's line is good.

After researching for pots and pans myself, I've come to love all-clad the most. They are quite pricey though...

I know that if you make a registry at BBB, you will get a discount for all the items not bought from that registery. it's a lot of work, but I think you can save like 40%, worth it if you really want them.
Good luck!

All-Clad is an excellent product. Top quality all the way.

Tri-ply refers to the construction. There are three layers of metal that make up the entire body of the pan - bottom and sides. There are two layers of stainless steel with a layer of aluminum on between. This construction provides the even heat distribution of aluminum with the durability and non-reactivity of the stainless.

All that being said. You can buy good quality tri-ply cookware for less money. Other places sell All-Clad for less and other brands perform as well as All-Clad for less.

If you're looking for a quick guaranteed solution regardless of cost. Buy that set. Otherwise, you can save a lot of money byshopping around.

I went with the All-Clad MC2 line which is basically the stainless line without the outter stainless layer.

Make a list of the pots/pans you use the most in your current kitchen and go by that. Often times the sets include a lot of pieces that will just end up collecting dust, or are just a little small or big for your needs. In my kitchen I went with the following... (all in MC2 except the roaster)

2x 8qt Stockpots w/Lids
2x 3qt Sauciers w/Lids
2x 1qt Sauciers
2x 10" Frypans
2x 8" Frypans
Large Stainless Roaster

Then to round it out I have...

1x 8" Lodge Cast Iron Skillet
1x 10" Lodge Cast Iron Skillet
1x 12" Lodge Cast Iron Skillet
2x Tramontina Disc-Bottomed 22qt Stockpots w/Lids
1x 10" T-Fal Non-Stick Aluminum Frypan

If your budget is around $1000, you can easily piece together a custom set that will be suited to your needs. Nothing in my setup collects dust except my 22qt stockpots which I only use 4-5 times a year to make stock or steam corn at BBQ's.

nunamwan said:
Hi everyone, i'm going back to my dear country, Thailand soon. So i want to buy a cookware set back. what do you think on this set?
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop/CKW/CKWB/CKWACSB/index.cfm?page=1
the 15 pieces set. Do you think it's worth the price? or any suggestion? Oh and what is tri ply?
thank youuu:pig:

I just took a closer look at the items in the set. I would make regular use of everything there except the pasta insert. In fact, I have all those pieces but they're not all All-Clad.

Might I suggest first you go to a store that sells the pieces and see if you like the feel and the weight of the pieces. I know personally the All Clad Stainless is too heavy for me...........thank goodness I tested it out prior to requesting it for a Christmas present.

Gretchen said:
That is a LOT of money--top price obviously. Have you looked on Amazon? I believe even the Chef's Catalog would be less than that. And do you want all the pieces?
Costco and Sam's have All Cladd "knockoffs" that are very very good. And Wolfgang Puck's line is good.

Is the Wolfgang Puck line tri-ply all the way up the sides? I sometimes see pieces at TJ Maxx.

BC

BlueCat said:
Is the Wolfgang Puck line tri-ply all the way up the sides? I sometimes see pieces at TJ Maxx.

BC

All the Puck cookware I've seen is disk on the bottom stuff, not tri-ply.

Andy probably has the answer for the PUck. KitchenAid is triply I believe and there are some unbelieveable sales on it.
The thing I hate about the All Clad is the handles however. Very thin and get VERY hot.

thanks you for all the replies. Maybe i will go look at the store first to see if i really like it. i've never used SS before, will the handle get hot????

I would do some research on the Internet. I know that Costo has great buys on most things for the kitchen. I love Williams Sonoma but there prices are very expensive. They do offer great cooking tools and cooking books.

I agree with gretchen about AllClad handles.

Some or the poorest design handles that I've tried.

Ew, don't buy it at that price. Here's a tip: Get em from Macy's.

It's a 10 piece set for 600. But they include the grill pan, the book, an oven mitt, tongs and shish kebab skewers for "free". On top of that, if you have a Macy's card and buy it online as your first purchase online, they give you 20% off your entire order the first go round. When I went and bought my set, I threw in a saucier from All-Clad (love it), some knives, a nice accessories kit, a Griddler (from Cuisinart), and a bunch of other random things I had my eye on--grand total came out to about 1600 bucks. I got it all (including the shipping) for less than 1300. If I had just done the pots and pans set with the saucier, the grill pan, etc. it would have only run 540 bucks.

As to the handles? They just take getting used to. People aren't used to that concaved design. But what they fail to realize is that design is why the handles don't get nearly as hot as other stainless steel wear will. Whoever says they get hot hasn't tried a lot of the other types out there. Those are the coolest touch handles for SS I've ever owned (and I've gone through a number of brands)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom