Allclad stainless or All Clad LTD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stlcooking

Assistant Cook
Hi all!
I'm wondering if I should get the All-Clad LTD fry pan or just the regular All-Clad Stainless? I'm so confused. They have some sales out there right now and I want to get the right one. I'm pretty sure I'm going with All-Clad. Any recomendations? And, Thanks for any suggestions you might have! I'm new to this site and it looks like a good one!

Thanks Glorie for your idea. I guess I'm also confused as to what is the difference and why LTD is more expensive. Do you know this info?

I have been doing some research on google as to what the difference is and I guess I wanted to know what people out there really felt about these products and if any of you are using these different All-Clad products. Thanks again!

I see you're from St Louis! I have family there!
But back to the pans, did you find out what the LTD is? I know some have an extra layer on the bottom

All-Clad has several lines of fully clad cookware. The primary difference is in the exterior surface material or, in some cases the inner core material. The interior cooking surface is the same for all (excluding non-stick).

I chose the SS for ease of care and price. It is the only line that is dishwasher safe.

Check out the All-Clad site

The differences are basically aesthetics. Both pans will cook the same. Which do you like the looks of better? Either way, you will not go wrong.

Thanks to all who replied to my post! It helped very much. I feel more comfy knowing I'm getting a good quality pan. And to Glorie, yes, good ole STL! I live in Richmond Heights. I think I will go for the SS as it is more affordable and still has a lifetime warranty. Thanks again!

LTD goes through the additional manufacturing step of a hard anodizing bath that probably accounts for higher price.

One other thing to consider when purchasing All Clad is the fact that only stainless steel will work on an induction cook top.

Induction is becoming more available every year and users give it very high marks for speed and control. It is also 90% efficient vs. 30% for a gas flame so nearly all of the energy goes into your food and not your kitchen.

If I didn't have my mom's old circa 1951 heavy duty copper bottomed Revereware set, I would buy either the all clad stainless steel or the copper core. One can put the copper core in the dishwasher, too. I have a few odd pieces of the stainless that were given as gifts and I love them! I think either set would make you very happy.

By the way, I have given Cuisinart stainless pans as gifts and they are quite heavy and lovely as well.

All Clad makes a good product you cant go wrong. They are a bit pricey but if you are putting the $ somewhere a fry pan is one place I would do it.

That said I would probably never spend the $$ I have Cuisinart fry pans (2nd hand craigslist) and they are pretty good...(one is multi-clad one has a copper disc) not as fancy as the DeMeyer I formerly had (courtesy of rommate who managed top notch kitchen store) The nice thing abot the demeyer is they just stayed in awesome shape and you couldnt hurt them. The allclad shoud be very durable too. Enjoy it.

Susan... the old revereware is pretty cool stuff I would not get rid of it either!

Hi!

I have both LTD and stainless pieces from AC. I like the Stainless best because it's easier to care for.

Good Luck!

Thanks chefs! I am going to research induction heating for my kitchen. I'm new to all of this and really could not tell you what induction is and how to get it. I'm assuming it is a type of stovetop and oven? Sorry for sounding so silly! I will google this and learn. Thanks for the last two replies!! Very helpful! Judy

Oh, btw, i'm starting culinary school this spring! I'm switching from nursing to cooking for a living! We'll see how it works out. Anyone done this before?

The LTD's layer of aluminum is thicker, which should make for better conduction. That said, I haven't heard anyone complaining that the stainless line doesn't distribute the heat well. I have a couple pieces of AC LTD and one copper core saucier, all of which I would recommend, but I don't have any of their stainless to compare.

I have a few pieces from the stainless line, they are awesome pans. Jennyema hooked me up with Cookware & More : Selling All Clad Irregulars Since 1984 for some killer deals.

I don't know about the LTD line, but I have some sort of mental issue with the "LTD" designation because I equate it to the nasty Ford LTD wagon we had back in the day.....god, that fake wood paneling was horrible. So now anytime something says "LTD" I'm "OTD".

The stainless is dishwasher safe and that is the reason I like it. I've heard that the aluminum in LTD is thicker...but you cannot put it in the dishwasher so that is a downside to me. I use a little BKF on mine each time I use my stainless and drop it in the dishwasher...it comes out as beautiful as the day I bought it. LTD would turn gray on the outside if you put it in the dishwasher...not the end of the world but it will change the appearance over time.

Back
Top Bottom