Analon vs anodized non stick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
Has anyone here used both analon and anodized aluminum non stick such as calphalon contemporary nonstick.I have decided that I like the calphalon contemporary SS and I am debating the getting the nonstick as well. Any thoughts?

Are you saying you want to get two sets?!

If you go for the SS (that's my choice), you only need one or two pieces of non-stick cookware. Small or medium skillets for eggs and other sticky stuff.

well I get that, but remember I am married to a woman who can cook, but she can also burn water. I have a 8 or 10 qt analon stock pot, to make spaghetti and mashed potatos and other big pot might stick and you shouldn't be scraping the bottom of the pot type stuff in. I have a 1 qt that I got to make cream of wheat in. I have a 3 qt and a 4 qt pot and i guess it's a 4 qt covered saute, about 2" deep and 9 inches wide, cause they were at marshall's for cheap and they matched and I tend to buy stuff in sets. But we do stuff like hash brown potatoes and rice dishes in what I am calling a saute pan, which is what I want the SS everyday or braise-ing pan or paella pan for. The 3 and 4 qt get what ever in them, that I want to be able to easily clean up after when I am through.
In SS I have a 12" frying pan a 10 qt stock pot, and a 3 qt and a 4 qt with steamer insert pot. Which are Ecko with the disk on the bottom which I want to upgrade.
I have every piece of cast iron known to Lodge, I'll spare you that list and then a few peice's of ultrex that come out on rare occasions but are destined to become flower pots.
My MIL gave us the ultrex and at the time she could have given us any cookware on the market and when I asked her why she choose Ultrex she said knowingly " I know my daughter and she is a good cook, but she dosen't need anything more exspensive" I now that on occasion she will leave a pot on the stove indefinitely or until the alarm (smoke detector) goes off.
Long story short, if I am cooking something and it dosent need to be in SS, I do it in cast iron unless there is a good reason not to and anolon if there is a good reason not to use CI. Like it might stick, or my wife claims she can taste the seasoning of the Cast Iron in stuff like eggs.

I am still curious to know if there is a performance difference between Anodized non stick and anolon

Back
Top Bottom