Another Calphalon question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pollyanna1 said:
My neice is getting married and she and her fiance (he does a lot of the serious cooking) have chosen Calphalon One Infused Anodized cookware. (NOT non stick). I have asked her to make sure that is the set they want and she said it was.

I plan to buy a 10 piece set and I want it to be the best for them.

If you, the people who know, think that is a good choice, I will order it and feel very comfortable with their choice.

I am a fan of All-Clad, so am not familiar with Calphalon.

Thanks!

Pat
Welcome to DC. Pat! :)

If it were my niece, I would ask her about how they happened to choose the Calphalon. Maybe they figured that the AC was so expensive no one would get it for them! If they genuinely prefer the Cal, then I'd get them that... but you may find out the inside scoop.. and it isn't as tho the bride is a stranger! :)

The dark coloring on hard anodized pans is just that...coloring. Calphalon recommends a cleanser for their hard anodized pans. Dishwasher washing is not recommended because of the force of the small cleaning pellets and the fact that it is a lye solution (base oposite ph of an acid) may begin to break down the anodization which is an electro acid bath process. Lye also affects the look of AllCald's copper, and brushed aluminum exteriors.

Polished aluminum pans, used in 85% of the worlds' restaraunts including America's are safe if seasoned, and properly cleaned, and the food doesn't sit and cool in them, same as it shouldn't in raw cast iron.

The Alzheimer's threat is not current concern from everything I've read.

If you worry about the reactions of food to metals you cook with, cook only in soapstone. It is the only totally non reactive cooking pot substance. (Stainless reacts to salts, contains chromium and nickel.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom