Anyone have a "Muffin Top Pan?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candelbc

Senior Cook
My wife and I were out at Wal-Mart and found a 4 pack of Muffin Top only Corn Bread Muffins.. Both being HUGE fans of the tops of Muffins, we decided to give them a try.. Turns out they are AWESOME..

Anyways, I did a quick search on Google for "Muffin Top Pan", and it turns out you can buy them. I was reading the reviews on Amazon.com and they were at 5 out of 5 stars.. Generally that is a good thing, but I am wondering if anyone here has tried them and how you like them!

Here's one link I found, but I've bid on a couple on eBay:
Muffin Top Pan

If you have tried them, I am very curious what you think!

-Brad

Caine said:
Go to King Arthur Flour and order their catalog.

Before it arrives, ask someone you trust to come to your house and hide ALL your credit cards!

Ah, Brad, I love the "toys" at King Arthur Flour. I've been doing business with them for almost 15 years and have found them a pleasure to deal with. I have many of their products. I especially like the hamburger bun pans. I have both the large and small ones. There's nothing like homemade hamburger buns to make your taste buds jump up and shout.

I also have the large pain de mie pan and couldn't be more pleased with it. All their bakeware is first quality stuff.

Because I bake ALL our bread, I buy the 1-pound package of SAF yeast from them. I put it in an air-tight glass jar and keep it in the freezer.

Also, my area Kroger stores carry King Arthur Flour. About two years ago I purchased three 5-pound bags of bread flour at the grocery store. I poured the flour into my large Tupperware container. When I opened the container a few days later to make some bread, there were bugs galore in the flour.

I first called Kroger to alert them of the problem. The bugs could've come from the store or they may have already been in the flour. Either way, the rest of the flour on their shelves could have ended up with bugs, too.

I then called the folks at King Arthur and told them what happened and that I had called the store. I was surprised when the King Arthur representative took my name and address because, about a week later, I received three coupons good for three bags of flour.

In another incident, I purchased some plastic bread bags from the catalogue. I didn't begin using the package of bags until about 6 months after I'd received them. As it turned out, about every other bag had a faulty seam in the bottom.

I called King Arthur again. No problem. I was given a 40% credit of the purchase price of the package of bags to my credit card. I was impressed again.

Their staff bakers are almost always available and are wonderfully knowledgeable. I've called several times and have always received a satisfactory answer to my question.

And, oh yes, Caine is right. After seeing all the wonderful things they have, you will have to enter a 12-step program for shopping at their place.

I have the pans, but I've never made the muffin tops. Not sure how long to cook them.

Anyone?

Lee

I agree with everybody-- the King Arthur Flour company is very agreeable and easy to deal with. A year ago I noticed that their wonderful homemade sandwich bread recipe had increased from 1 tablespoon of sugar to 2 tablespoons and emailed to see if there was some mistake--Nope came back the reply--they changed the recipe to accomodate Americans' increasing love of sugar.

Anyone remember the episode of "Seinfeld" about the muffin tops, or rather the problem of disposing of the muffin bottoms?

Back
Top Bottom