Cast iron enameled on QVC today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdmc

Assistant Cook
QVC has a cast iron enameled oval french oven on sale today. It is made in France and looks just like Le Creuset. It is a 6 qt.oval french oven with the trivet for $59.78. I am wondering if any one else has seen it? What do you think? Do you think it will be as good as Le Creuset? I am thinking about getting one. They also have other sizes. :chef:

I see that item on the QVC website. Staub is a brand name I've seen around and heard some good reviews.

I would recommend a larger size - about 7-7 1/2 quarts. It's big enough to do a 5 pound pot roast with all the veggies.

Thanks Andy. There are 4 of us at home (well with 2 teens alot of time it is just 2 of us) and I thought the 6 qt wold be a good size. We are re modeling our kitchen and I need some new cookware. I have been lurking here for a while and noticed alot like the Le Creuset cookware. I thought if it is the same quality it would br a very good deal. The one thing I love about QVC is you can use the product for 30 days. If you don't like it after that you can return it. I think for the price I might just give it a try.

One thing you need to consider is the shipping costs. If it is a good pot then it will be very heavy. This can cost a lot to ship. If you return the pot if you are not satisfied then you do pay shipping or does QVC give that back to you?

If you end up liking it then $60 is a very good price!

Qvc will refund the origional shipping. You pay what it cost to send it back to them unless the product is defective. I have been on line checking on the price of Le Creuset. There is about $140. difference in the price. I was hoping someone here might know the name Staub and I could get a good recommendation here.

I have never used Staub, but they have a good reputation. For the price difference I think you would do very well getting this one.

You could do a SEARCH on the staub and read some of our older posts on this subject. Click on Search in the menu bar near the top of the page and go from there.

Well I ordered it. I did go on a couple of web sites. The prices are comparable to Le Creuset. The Staub company has been in business for quite some time. I will let you all know in a couple of weeks how I like it. Thanks for your input.:chef:

Staub has a good reputation, you can also find it at 'Tuesday Morning' stores at a discount price, which may be cheaper if you figure not having to pay shipping costs.

Paint.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom