Cookware for baking chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lukaino

Assistant Cook
I'm looking for cookware to bake chicken w/out all its oil soaking any of the chicken. Does anyone know what could help me with this?

You need a rack to put in the bottom of your roasting pan. There are lots of different varieties, and they don't cost much.

If you can't find one, try making a layer of celery, carrots and onions in the bottom of the pan. This will flavor your gravy nicely!

I'm guessing you mean that you don't what the baked chicken sitting in all it's fat and juices as it bakes? There are several things you can try without buying new cookware.

You can layer the bottom of the baking dish with carrots, celery, and and set the chicken on top of them. That will keep the bird up out of the fat and it will flavor it and the juices for a really nice gravy-base.

Place a baking rack (the kind you cool cookies and cakes on) in the bottom of the baking dish and set the chicken on that. Be sure to spray the rack with non-stick spray for easier cleaning afterward.

If you want to buy something, you can get roasting pans with lift-out racks or you can get a specific roasting rack to put in any baking dish.

Are you referring to a cut up chicken when you say baked chicken? If so a rack may be a better bet than a bed of carrots and celery. For whole chickens that you roast, a bed of veggies is a great way to keep the food out of the fat.

I have it on good authority that, if you put an inverted oven safe saucer in the roasting pan under the chicken, that too will keep it out of the drippings.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom