Corning Ware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep. These are the ones!

img_109156_0_63d5f00f2dd03ee061d382666d90640e.jpg
img_109156_1_a8e47a4b390b1170a2d949c9c4480576.jpg
img_109156_2_2dc95b6b71dc5910d4e5396d990769bd.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, the blue flowers bring back memories! My mom has a whole set that she still uses. When I got married I received a set of Corning Ware as a gift and was disappointed to see it didn't have the blue flowers on it any more (I'm a stickler for tradition!).

You guys are bringing back such memories!! In fact, corning came out with a line of plain white stuff that looks, well, like old-fashioned quiche pans and crockery. I had to pare down my kitchen (we were on the road for three years), so only have one piece left. To address the original question, I think it is a 2 quart (maybe quart and a half), covered casserole dish. It looks like a souffle dish (and, in fact, you could easily use it as such), but does have a lid. This does yeoman's work for me -- since it isn't expensive or fragile, it goes to potlucks, since it is simple, it can go on the table with my best china, and it's a great size for everything.

We have a bunch of Corning casseroles (both round and square in plain white) and a couple of quiche pans (one white, one black). All were wedding presents (12 years on May 8th :) ), and we use all of them a lot. They get used for everything from casseroles, to meat, fish, and poultry entres, to nuking veggies. Pretty much universally useful cookware in this house.

I had the quiche pan years ago (one of the things I parted with in favor of my arcoroc one!) and loved it for serving all sorts of things that are too liquid for a platter, but too solid for a bowl, or heaps of grilled veggies.

choclatechef said:
Sorry, I gave all my Corningware, except for the pie pans, loaf dishes, and square and round cake baking dishes to my auntie about 10 years ago.

This was after I bought all this Le Creuset, Copco, Cousances, and Descoware enameled cast iron cookware.

I'm wondering if the three pieces I bought in a thrift store are CorningWare? They are light blue in color with a darker blue corn pattern as I recall CorningWare using. I never knew they made heavy enameled cookware but couldn't and didn't resist buying these three wonderful pieces for a 'total'
of $10. I've asked on here before if anyone knew what they might be and it seemed to stymie most in here including me. No name on 'em anywhere. I think you may have just answered my question. Now, onto my plight of trying to find Cousances/CopCo and more enamel ware. thanks for helping.:-p

choclatechef said:
In the Kitchen, why don't you check ebay for either Copco, Descoware, or Cousances enameled cast iron.

You would be surprised at how cheap they are. Pick an unpopular color like brown and avocado green -- they are cheaper.

Copco is even heavier than Le Creuset!
I went on a manhunt, okay a woman hunt, for these items mentioned. I didn't know of Cousances or Copco plus never did know what the blue things I bought were. Now I do. To all of the above. Because I took them all out of my cupboard and read the bottoms of items I've bought on the sly like at yard sales or thrift stores, which are my favorite finds bar none. I have all the aforehand mentioned brands. I knew I had DescoWare as I sold it in Gemco being the Housewares Dept. manager then. What I didn't know was that all along, I thought my DescoWare pieces were just that. I've just turned them all upside down. I have in my collection of enamel ware Copco, Cousances, DescoWare, LeCreuset and CorningWare. Who knew? I find this amuzing at the least and thrilled to know that someone made me take a look. Now, I more understand the colors and why they're different. Because they are from different manufacturers.:cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom