Crocks On The Go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Was thinking of purchasing a few of these to simplify reheating Hubby's lunches. He can do it. One for my son to take to work.

Has anyone used these before? Are they worth it?
Crock-Pot® Lunch Crock Food Warmer, Black SCCPLC200-G

I'm also looking at this little one. It to is small, portable. With an insulated bag I think it just might work out for keeping spillage under control.
Manual Slow Cookers - 5025-WG

Thank you

Munky.

One does. The other has nothing but an outlet.
I'm thinking ahead, keeping in mind diets, timing, convenience.

One can have lunch at his leisure,on a good day. The other when he can. Most times both have been known to share their lunches with co workers who have forgotten their lunches.. It happens.

The link didn't say how long it takes to heat up its contents. I wasn't always in a position to start heating my lunch a couple of hours before I planned to eat. I wouldn't choose it over a microwave for reheating but if all I have is an outlet, It's a good way to go. I used to make cup of soup with an immersion heater at my desk at one point in my life.

I didn't see a cooking time chart either. It's one of those you just swing and hope you don't miss.

As it is now everyday I'm stuck with a sink full of microwaveable plastic dishes. They don't last like they used to. Chili is hard to microwave or get out of a thermos. This way they can leave one at work. My life will be simplified. Again. :) Cup of chili sounds good. Good idea!

I'll see what I can find out with the smaller ones. Maybe buy a few and test it myself.

Thanks for the help Andy.

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom