Emerilware 10-pc. Stainless Steel Cookware.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
Emerilware 10-pc. Stainless Steel Cookware Set.

Hey, guys, let's kick it up ONE..........MORE............NOTCH!!!

I just want to tell you that I bought this 10-pc. cookware set in October, and I use it every chance I get! It's very heavy, durable and has a razor-sharp shine and a thick triple-layer clad bottom on the pans with a band of copper.

I bought it online fron ChefsCatalog.com. I love the heavy quality construction of this set! It has riveted handles, stainless steel-trimmed glass lids, and is just begging for things to be cooked in the pans!

It's made by All-Clad Metalcrafters through an agreement between them & TV celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse with his endorsement on the cookware.

You certainly won't go wrong if you buy this set. I love it!!:chef:

~Corey123.

Last edited:
thanks for the info corey.
i have the 10 pc. non stick emerilware, in fact i have 2 sets (long story). i am not very happy with the non stick coating as it has worn off 2 of the pans so i threw them out. i know that i haven't abused the coating with metal utensils, so i can only assume that overheating them ruined the surface.

mudbug has the same set, and has reported to be happy with them, but then again, she "cooks" a lot in them with wine, and is a generally happy person when "cooking". :)

i've been thinking about getting a stainless steel set, so i'm going to compare the ss emerilware to the ss set sold in costco, and then go to wms. sonoma and drool over their sets. i wonder if you get a discount for drool covered items? probably not, they have a lot stuff that is like that.

part of my decision will be based on the lids. i cannot stand glass lids with metal rims; too hard to clean quickly. another consideration will be metal v.s. synthetic handles. i don't trust rubber or plastic looking handles in the oven, even if they say they're rated to 450 degrees.

buckytom said:
i have the 10 pc. non stick emerilware, in fact i have 2 sets (long story). i am not very happy with the non stick coating as it has worn off 2 of the pans so i threw them out. i know that i haven't abused the coating with metal utensils, so i can only assume that overheating them ruined the surface.

mudbug has the same set, and has reported to be happy with them, but then again, she "cooks" a lot in them with wine, and is a generally happy person when "cooking". :)

i've been thinking about getting a stainless steel set, so i'm going to compare the ss emerilware to the ss set sold in costco, and then go to wms. sonoma and drool over their sets. i wonder if you get a discount for drool covered items? probably not, they have a lot stuff that is like that.

part of my decision will be based on the lids. i cannot stand glass lids with metal rims; too hard to clean quickly. another consideration will be metal v.s. synthetic handles. i don't trust rubber or plastic looking handles in the oven, even if they say they're rated to 450 degrees.

You're welcome, buckytom!!

The main reason that I DID NOT buy a non-stick cookware set is for the reason that you stated - one of your pans started to lose the Teflon coating. Plus top health officials warn against these anyway, saying that the Teflon coating in cookware has an ingredient that supposedly causes cancer.

But do not be thrown off thinking that the stainless steel-trimmed glass lids are hard to clean. They really are easy to clean. Should you ever encounter that problem, just wash them in the dishwasher if you have one. Or just let
them soak in hot soapy water for a few minutes.

Cuiusinart & All-Clad have stainless steel cookware sets that have the matching stainless steel lids. Make sure that the set you choose has good strong riveted handles. Let me know how you make out. Good luck!:chef:

~Corey123.

Last edited:
corey im glad to hear you like the ss emerilware! i think this is what i'm getting for christmas, but the 7-pc set. i can't wait! i only have non stick caphalon pans right now and can't wait to have a ss set.

You won't regret it.

I love it!! When I'm done using mine, as part of the usual ritual, I just go ahead and clean the copper bands with a paste cleaner that I bought from the super market. It works out fine!

~Corey123.

buckytom said:

I also have the non-stick 10 piece Emerilware which I bought last month. I only use plastic or wooden utensils. When I clean them, I use cloth and a plastic brush. The other day I noticed that the plastic brush left fine scratches in the non-stick coating! I'm not too impressed with that.

cipher said:
I also have the non-stick 10 piece Emerilware which I bought last month. I only use plastic or wooden utensils. When I clean them, I use cloth and a plastic brush. The other day I noticed that the plastic brush left fine scratches in the non-stick coating! I'm not too impressed with that.

Hence the reason that I will NEVER buy non-stick-coated cookware ever again!!:mad:

The stuff just seems to find a way to work itself loose and start peeling and flaking off anyway.:ermm:

Please, don't believe the hype. Stay with non-Teflon-coated cookware.:cool:

~Corey123.

buckytom said:

how in the world did I miss this zinger from you (hic)? Once again, you have proved you deserve the title of mr. smartypants.

I only use the wine (that I am not drinking) in my oh-so-servicable and ancient club aluminum pans or Le Creuset or SS.

I've just added a few matching Emerilware stainless steel pans to my set, making it a 16-pc. set so far.

I may get the large 8-qt. stock pot to replace an aging large aluminum pot. Then, I want the pasta pot with the pasta insert and maybe the matching 12-inch frying pan. Then I should have a complete 20-plus-pc. set!! I should be satisfied then.

~Corey123.

Corey123 said:
I've just added a few matching Emerilware stainless steel pans to my set, making it a 16-pc. set so far.

I may get the large 8-qt. stock pot to replace an aging large aluminum pot. Then, I want the pasta pot with the pasta insert and maybe the matching 12-inch frying pan. Then I should have a complete 20-plus-pc. set!! I should be satisfied then.

~Corey123.

You will never be satisfied, you will always want more!!!

pot and pan collections are addictive...I know...I have anodized, enameled, clad, teflon, stone, steel, iron, and copper. I have more pans than I will ever have burners or ovens.

Wow!!!

I just got an additional 2-qt. matching Emerilware stainless steel saucepot. The 1-qt. is supposed to be available, but it's hard to find!:ermm:

I just want the matching 8-qt. stainless steel stockpot w/ pasta insert and an additional piece and I'm done.:chef:

~Corey123.

Corey123 said:
Wow!!!

I just got an additional 2-qt. matching Emerilware stainless steel saucepot. The 1-qt. is supposed to be available, but it's hard to find!:ermm:

I just want the matching 8-qt. stainless steel stockpot w/ pasta insert and an additional piece and I'm done.:chef:

~Corey123.

I do not think so......

kleenex said:
I do not think so......

Yes, I will. The 8-qt. pot with the pasta insert which will replace & retire the already aging cheap flimsy Pasta Pot set and an old large aluminum pot. Will be retired.:ermm:

The other piece, I might not get. I think I'll be all set when I get the pasta pot. And don't doubt me. I really mean it (hah, hah).:chef:

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Well, I did something wrong, Cory....

Corey123 said:
Hey, guys, let's kick it up ONE..........MORE............NOTCH!!!

I just want to tell you that I bought this 10-pc. cookware set in October, and I use it every chance I get! It's very heavy, durable and has a razor-sharp shine and a thick triple-layer clad bottom on the pans with a band of copper.

I bought it online fron ChefsCatalog.com. I love the heavy quality construction of this set! It has riveted handles, stainless steel-trimmed glass lids, and is just begging for things to be cooked in the pans!

It's made by All-Clad Metalcrafters through an agreement between them & TV celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse with his endorsement on the cookware.

You certainly won't go wrong if you buy this set. I love it!!:chef:

~Corey123.
My wife says it's for display only. Wish I could use it
:(

Attachments

• kitchencrop copy2.jpg
    kitchencrop copy2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 213
Why can't you use it?

Tell you wife that it's money gone down the drain if she forbids you from using that wonderful cookware! That stove is just begging to use it!!!

Phil, that picture of your kitchen is beautiful!!!
Where are some good places to buy a rack like that? Or maybe not "just like that" (pricey??) but a rack that will hold SS cookware just fine? Since I'm not cooking on the rack, I don't feel a need to spend a lot of money on it!! LOL

I have few options...

Corey123 said:
Why can't you use it?

Tell you wife that it's money gone down the drain if she forbids you from using that wonderful cookware! That stove is just begging to use it!!!
She's afraid it will tarnish. Like I care. I was going to buy copper pans 'till I found out what they cost! I could buy another set of Emeril's stuff. Sure would be silly, though. That oven is a 1950 Roper. Four burners and a center griddle. Oven, broiler, and a broiler oven. Seven pilot lights. It is dead on accurate and bakes to perfection. I designed the kitchen around it. I do get to use the oven:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom