Enameled steamer pot ID and question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnknownComic

Assistant Cook
Greetings!

I have this "steamer pot" and I am missing the pot that goes underneath it. I would like to steam some mussels and clams and I think this pot would be ideal for that task. Any idea what brand this is? I would like to find a pot to match or closely match.

Thank you.

pot1.jpg
pot2.jpg

Do you have another pot, for other uses, that the glass lid from the steamer fits onto? That would probably work. I have several things where the lids are interchangeable, even though they are different brands.

I have no idea what brand that is. What is the diameter of that steamer insert?

Thank you for the reply taxlady. No, unfortunately I do not have a pot that that fits the steamer or the lid. I have larger and smaller... The lid measurement is approximately 9 5/16 were it fits into a pot. I am not sure if you can tell in the photo, but the handles are a type of plastic and broken in one place, so not a really high quality item but I can fix the handle.

If you want a pot that will fit the steamer, just take the lid to a store and find a proper sized pot the lid fits on. You don't need an expensive pot, just a plain stainless or aluminum pot that fits the lid. All you're doing is boiling water in it.

I have been looking at thrift stores, online etc. for a few months now. I was hoping to find something that looks the same or similar. Sometimes I major in minor things... Thank you for the replies.

I have been looking at thrift stores, online etc. for a few months now. I was hoping to find something that looks the same or similar. Sometimes I major in minor things... Thank you for the replies.

It doesn't have to match, it just has to fit.

It doesn't have to match, it just has to fit.

In regard to utility/fit, yes, you are correct, but again, I was hoping to find something that would closely match. It would give me a certain amount of joy; I can't explain it.

No explanation needed. I understand that. I assumed your first priority was being able to use the steamer insert. Now I see it's something else so you can keep looking or just buy a whole new pot with a steamer insert.

Or you could buy one of these:

images.jpg

It's adjustable to fit into different size pots.

Thinking outside of the box, go to your local consignment/thrift store and see what you can find to fit what you need.

I've had great luck doing this, plus the purchase won't break the bank.
All my pots and pans are from thrifts. Except one wok.

I have some really nice stuff. I recommend everyone try it.

But not at my thrift. :grin:

Yes, I have an adjustable steamer basket and a couple of other steamers but this enameled steamer strikes me as being more than just utility and it is just the right size for small batch of steamed shellfish. For some reason this steamer speaks to me in an odd way and its calling for a suitable mate. I will follow-up on this thread if something comes along. Thanks again for all of the help and suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom