Essential Cookware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the advice everyone, I've been reading up on non-stick vs uncoated stainless steel so I let you know which pans I decide to invest in.

Good luck with your choices. I am in the process of changing pans after 20 odd years as I have gone from gas (Mostly copper) to induction (Off topic: Do it - Go for it - Induction is God given cooking - I am in LUUUUUV! - the control is astounding as is the Pau-e:ohmy:).

Being in Belgium I have focussed on Belgian brands, in particular the enormous range from Demeyere. So far I have a couple of "Industry" small pans, an Atlantis sauciere (Truly wonderful on induction - instant reaction to heat changes and boils a litre of water in just over two minutes) and the piece de resistance an Apollo multifunction pan. I was very dubious but in three days I have used it for so many different things (Cooking duck breasts, making a gooey sauce, mini potato rostis and a few other things) that it is the one pan that will never leave my kitchen.

Buy slowly, but buy good stuff - Brands like Demeyere use stainless multi ply clad pans (e.g. the Atlantis sauciere is 7 ply) and you should try to get pans you will use. Buy the cheapest stock pots but the best for frying and sauce making. I still use Tefal non-stick frying pans for every day - cheap and you change them every few years - makes sense to me but I still love that Demeyere multifunction pan at 5 times the price :chef:

HTH
Andrew

Back
Top Bottom