Farberware Cookware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hirokei

Assistant Cook
theres a $20 rebate for a $40 purchase on amazon.com by dec 4, so 2 more days!!! i'm thinking of buying their bakeware since i really dont hv that many at home..

i need:
jelly roll pan
cookie sheet

i already hv but kinda want:
round cake pan
some pretty cake/muffin/bundt cake pan

any comments/opinions on their products?! they seem to be a decent brand, w/ reasonable prices :chef: their stuffs dont stick or rust or anything right? thanks for the help in advance!

hirokei, from the link you've provided, it does say that it is non-stick, both inside and out in the product description. clink the secondary link for product description.
sorry i can't be of any help with the farberware. i've never owned any.

I think this is good brandname if you want something on the cheap side of things.

hey everyone! i received my items from amazon.com already! i made cranberry orange loaf w/ my 9 x 5 loaf pan today. i greased my pan with very very very little butter, almost none, and the bread popped right out! it doesnt stick at all and its sooooo nice. i love it!!!

Faberware

I received this brand of pots and pans when I got married and have not had any other since. LONG TIME. What kind of brands do you prefer? I didn't know they were considered cheap. They have held up long time. I was thinking of getting new ones which ones would you recommend? I don't want ones with a non stick coating on them. Appreciate your opinions.

In the Kitchen said:
I received this brand of pots and pans when I got married and have not had any other since. LONG TIME. What kind of brands do you prefer? I didn't know they were considered cheap. They have held up long time. I was thinking of getting new ones which ones would you recommend? I don't want ones with a non stick coating on them. Appreciate your opinions.

ITK:

My first set of pots and pans was Farberware, it's all I could afford. They are sturdy and held up well. My daughter is now using them.

I switched to different brands of tri-ply stainless steel. I have some All-Clad, some LeGourmet, tramontina and claphalon. They are all good brands and vary widely in price.

If you want stainless steel.

Emerilware is good. 10 piece set for 200 bucks. Buy set now and get a free piece of cookware buy mail.

Kitchenaid 10 piece set from Target for 150 bucks.

YOU DO not need to spend 400 bucks on a set of cookware to have a quality set of cookware.

You can skip the highend All-Clad, Anolon, Calphalon stuff.

Thanks

Pots and pans are always needed today but since it is Christmas have to put it on hold till after New Year. I will take all your suggestions and make a choice. Thanks for all your input. Talking to the salespeople only confuses the issue. What is your thoughts about being on sale, now or later? Guess like me you have to take a chance. thanks for sharing the brands you prefer.

Cookware is always on sale somewhere, so my advice is never buy it at full price.
And only buy a set if you are sure you'll get lots of use out of each and every piece.

Good cookware is worth the $$. IMO it's worth the extra $$ to buy a fully clad pan rather than something like Emerilware, which is not fully clad and for which you are paying a "celebrity" premium.

Discount sites often offer good deals on "cosmetic seconds." That's what I usually try to buy when I can find it.

Amazon often has huge discounts on very nice cookware by the piece.

isn't this an AD? price and brand and web address?
don't understand this place, I had to fight to get my post back and others just out there?
confused mood???/!!!!!:ermm:

kj, if someone requests an assistance/information on certain items they are interested in, looking to purchase, try etc., replies to help this person is not considered an advertisement, as long as its context is relevant.

jennyema said:
Cookware is always on sale somewhere, so my advice is never buy it at full price.
And only buy a set if you are sure you'll get lots of use out of each and every piece.

Good cookware is worth the $$. IMO it's worth the extra $$ to buy a fully clad pan rather than something like Emerilware, which is not fully clad and for which you are paying a "celebrity" premium.

Not really though. Goto your local library and look at the december 05 consumer reports magazine. A 10 piece set of Kitchen aid cookware for 150 bucks was the best performer for a stainless steel stick version set. Emerilware came in third place.

Kitchenaid is not fully clad, is it? If not, you are comparing apples and oranges.

America's Test Kitchen pretty consistently rates AC as one of the best.

Last edited:
I checked out the KA website and this is what I found.

Edited to add:

There are three different lines of cookware from 5-ply on down. I can expect the 5-ply line to perform like All-Clad as they come with All-Clad prices.

Last edited:
hirokei said:
theres a $20 rebate for a $40 purchase on amazon.com by dec 4, so 2 more days!!! i'm thinking of buying their bakeware since i really dont hv that many at home..

i need:
jelly roll pan
cookie sheet

i already hv but kinda want:
round cake pan
some pretty cake/muffin/bundt cake pan

any comments/opinions on their products?! they seem to be a decent brand, w/ reasonable prices :chef: their stuffs dont stick or rust or anything right? thanks for the help in advance!

my post got deleted and posted back: 212 stainless steel set!
Hi everyone, I am so new to this web but I love this place. I found this place last night and I spent hours to read a lot of great thoughts and ideas about cookwares and knives.
Any way, I saw on tv has a cookwareset called twotwelve set, good price for stainless steel or non-stick, it looks like a good set but have anyone ever used it or any thoughts about it? Please help me out because I don't have to much $$$ to spend and I know all-clad or calphalon are good but they cost a lot too me, I have a calphalon 10" non-stick and I love it. Hope someone can tell me about twotweleve because I can't find any review online, I really wonder if twotweleve are any good???, thank you all !

t0 "urmaniac13:
can you see the differences? I can't. mine was deleted because they thought it was an AD. I don't know if you know what I had to do to get my post back to the thread but tell me the difference about these 2 posts urmaniac13, thanks

K.J

i just looked at the bottom of my favorite stainless steel 8 qt. stock pot (that was handed down to me by my mom when i moved into my first apartment) and found out that it is farberware. it was one of her first pots when she married my dad, back in the late 40's.
it is still going strong, coming up on nearly 50 years of everything from cooking to soaking sore feet. (i know, that's gross, but it wasn't at the same time. mom had to improvise at times with so many kids, so little time, and a tight budget)

lol, i guess you could make kimchi and soak your feet at the same time, and no one could tell the difference...:)

Back
Top Bottom