first Descoware, crackling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nancylee

Assistant Cook
Hello,
This is my first post. I'm sorry if this has been addressed, didn't see it anywhere.
I bought a descoware pot recently and on close examine I see it has very fine crackling over the bottom. It is only slightly discolored, just an off white really. I can return it but wondered if you know if you would reccommend
using it. Is it normal for the enamel to do this with use? I can't feel any cracks just see them (when I put on my glasses!)
I love this forum and will visit often.
Thanks.
nancylee

Descoware

It depends on what you intend to use it for, and what you paid for it.

Descoware was made in Belgium after WWII and probably before 1965. Nearly perfect pieces are scarce, but there are many well used on eBay all the time.

Crazing, like on yours is common, as is chips in the enamel, discolored or dull interiors, etc. They are perfectly OK to use. I have a number of pieces that are less than perfect, but work fine. Those are the ones I use and don't worry about, because they were cheap. I also collect Copco from the 1950's, but don't cook with them much. Their designs have more personality, to me.

I would check out Descoware on eBay (completed auctions) to see what they go for, and decide whether to return it based on that

Thanks all, I have decided to return it. I know it will bother me and I have time to wait for a better one to come along.

Back
Top Bottom