Fondue Double boilers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nova5

Assistant Cook
Looking for a good/decent Double boiler for Fondue use. Melting Pot resturants have some nice lookin ones, any like that? Looks like a single fondue pot + a metal insertable bowl. Pot narrows as it rises ti about... 8" i would guess from around 10".

oddly enough, since the resurgance in popularity of fondu, common places like Target(Tar-gjay:) havve decent, ceramic coated, fondu vessels, with quite a variety of styles and colors to choose from.

Unfortunatly from what i saw when i look earlier and now on their site, none are double boiler type. Nice thought thou. looking for a Oil/Broth/Cheese/Chocolate one. basilcy a boiler pot with various inserts or just multipule metal inserts one can swap as needed.

I can check with a buddy I know, he owns The Melting Pot, here in Virginia Beach. Andy will tell me where he gets his. I think they are what you are looking for, I'll pm you the details. Feel free to google his restaurant, he has done really well for himself with a fine dining fondu place.

That would be the style i am looking for. I saw them sunday when i was at the one in SC. looked like some good stuff. Would have to get a heating rig but that is easy just but a target version and stuff the pan away. I would defiantly appriciate it. my brother would like one two, so i'd probably get a set of pots for his B-day. Melting pot is a chain store.. is the the actual owner of the chain? Defiantly a good place to eat.. EXPENSIVE thou. lets just say the last outing there was $300... 6 people. came home stuffed.

Last edited:
Great, hope to get a response from him/you.

Small world.. looking for a certian item that was seen at a resurant and run into someone whos friend owns one.

I'm lookin at an ArcoSteel unit. Hopefully i can find it at the local Bed&Bath'n'Beyond, so i can get a measurement of the opening to get extra inserts for it.

Double boiler fondue

If you haven't found what you're looking for...check out www.smartbargains.com , I just bought their Trudeau Atmoshere 3 in 1 30 piece fondue set. Reg $100; on sale for $35. Looks awesome. Ordered 10 for our culinary and wine programs. Hope this is helpful. 3010256677_XL.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom