Frying pan NOT for frying food????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny1999

Senior Cook
This is a line of precaution I read from a label of frying pan in a dollar shop

"Do not use to fry food"

What does that mean? I really don't understand so I am hesitated buying this!

By the way, could this "cheap" pan release more toxins than others? $50 on the label isn't USD, it's only about $8 in USD

ME3KVWE_o.jpg
ME3KVWF_o.jpg

+1 - with exceptions.

It really depends what you want it for. I have bought pans there knowing full well they would not last long without special care - and at the price it was worth it for me.

It's never good practice to preheat coated pans. They can and do, go over their safety line of heat very quickly. With proper use though, they are just fine.

Is it a cheap nonstick pan? Id never fry anything in that.

Skillets, aka "frying pans" are generally used for lots of things, like sauteeing, and not just frying.

It also says "do not use over a stove", whatever that means!:LOL: I think what all those things they are telling us not to do are disclaimers - that way you are responsible if you overheat the thing!

So, will you all buy this pan???? at approx. usd$8

It isn't about money, but I don't want to make wastes if it is really "waste"

I've purchased many of these pans, usually in a set of three;8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch. I pay around 18 bucks American for the set of three. If they get scratched, or when the non-stick wears out, I throw them in the recycle bin and buy three more. Just use them over medium heat with nylon or wooden utensils and wash them with a dish cloth, not abrasive materials, and they should last you a long time.

Hard to say if I would buy or not. My usual "Dollar Store" purchases are limited to max $4 Cdn per item.

On the other hand... if I see something and I decide I need/want - I don't have much self-control - I will buy it.

LOL, can't make up your mind for you Kenny! You'll have to decide for yourself.

A frying pan not to be used for frying?
That´s an oxymoron - like buying a car which says " do not drive on the highway".
Buy yourself a non-stick skillet, not this one.
It does say " Not compatible with induction cooker burners" - the only thing that occurs to me is that it can´t take the heat, and as Emeril says:
" If you can´t take the heat, get out of the kitchen".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom