Funny Looking Pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love2eat

Assistant Cook
I only seen the commercial a few times around Thanksgiving weekend. I just don't remember the brand. One popular department store had it on sale for $29.99.

It has a weird design, with the handle side is lower than the opposite side. I saw how it makes tossing without using any utensils, just moving the pan back and forth. Hmmm... I wish I could show you. It's like a chef cooking in the kitchen.

Can you help me to locate the brand/model or link to the pan? I don't need to know which department store, because I could never get to shop there. I really need that useful cookware in my kitchen.

Thank you in advance.
Love2Eat from Hawaii

Try the Linens N Things web site. I think I saw one the last time I was there. If you have a store near you that has it in stock, you can purchase online AND select in-store pick-up and you pay no shipping. Last year I wanted an item and my local store was out. They called another store to make sure they had it. I paid for it and they mailed it to me at no charge.

I have seen this pan in the commercials and IMO it is just a gimmick. It will not make flipping food any easier. The technique will still be the same. Flipping food in a normal pan is actually quite easy once you know how to do it. Try practicing with some dried beans in a pan (not on the heat).

Here is what you do. Grab the pan handle. Push the pan away from you and then with a sharp jerking motion yank it back towards you. You kind of want to snap it back. Give that a shot before you go out and buy this new pan. You just may be able to save yourself some money and kitchen space :)

I totally agree with GB. That pan isn't going to be of much -- if any-- help, as the technique of flipping food in a skillet is the same in that pan or a regular sided one.

My first reaction when I saw that ad was that food would be even more difficult to flip in that pan because of the higher back side.

jennyema said:
My first reaction when I saw that ad was that food would be even more difficultto flip in that pan because of the higher back side.
I thought the exact same thing Jenny.

GB, I see you must have made lots of pancakes in your life time!!:LOL:
I have too and with a little practice I got pretty good at it!! (You just jiggle around the skillet/griddle and see if the pancake moves around, if it does it is ready for the operation)

I had to laugh the first time I saw that ad on TV. It's like the fold over omlet pan that's hinged in the middle.

GB and Jen have it right. It's a technique, not a tool that you need.

I don't flip over the sink, but maybe I should. I wouldn't have to clean the stove as often! :(

I've also seem this frying pan in the commercials, and at Macy's.

I think it's a Circulon, and you can see the commercial mainly on the Food Network.

~Corey123.

GB said:

Yes, that's the one!

But they got a nerve charging another $20.00 for the glass lid!!! That means a total of $50.00 if you want the pan and the lid!! I'll pass!!

And BTW, GB, they'll be teaching me how to flip food in a frying pan when I start my training in the Culinary Arts class. But thanks for the heads-up.:mad:

Last edited:
I've tried nonstick pans before, and yes thay do make cooking easier, and a pain in the butt to use, too. when I was house-sitting for a friend, i used a metal scraper to stir some meat in the pan, ruining it. The next time mom picked me up for a class, I had her bring a cast-iron skillet with her. And the I love:wub: those things! We've had them for years, and they still work perfectly. I grease the pan with a little bit of oil or butter when the pan is hot, pour in the food, and cook away! They're even great in the oven, too. I reccomend people get those, instead of nonstick. And the 'gimmick pans' don't really work either. I got to try the 'perfect pancake' maker while sitting, and the pancakce were sticking slightly. after greasing the surface, the cake slid out the side, covering the stove with uncooked batter. Messy, Messy. Messy. :blink:

Corey123 said:
Yes, that's the one!

But they got a nerve charging another $20.00 for the glass lid!!! That means a total of $50.00 if you want the pan and the lid!! I'll pass!!

And BTW, GB, they'll be teaching me how to flip food in a frying pan when I start my training in the Culinary Arts class. But thanks for the heads-up.:mad:
Corey123 I sent you a PM. Did you get it?

Yes. I sent you a reply.

This pan is also now available at Chefs Catalog. I just saw it in the catalog that I got yesterday.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
GB said:
Thanks, GB. This is the one. You guys are awesome! I'll also try Macy's here.
Actually, I bought a small wok looking pan from Longs and spent most of my holiday time off practicing "flipping" in my kitchen. hehehe ,...

TXguy said:
I got to try the 'perfect pancake' maker while sitting, and the pancakce were sticking slightly.

What are pancakce like bro?

Cameron

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom