Good place to shop for cookware bargains

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gretchen

Washing Up
I don't think I have ever posted this here but Amazon has a Friday Sale each week with some wonderful buys. You have to look all the time of course. Today there is a Calphalon Everyday pan for $24.95. I gave a number of these a couple of years ago for Christmas presents.
You go to the main page, click on the :Today's Deals button on the tool bar. Then on that page, scroll down on the left for Friday Sale.
It will open to a sample page. At the top are other categories, including cookware.
Also, look through the whole Outlet for good buys.

I have gotten some really almost obscene deals on cookware form Amazon but I didn't realize that they had a Friday Sale every week.

That is VERY, VERY good to know. I'll pass that info around.

Well, since you all liked this so much I will tell you my other current finds.

Next Tuesday, Tuesday Morning will have a sale on enamel cast iron--either Staub or Le Creuset, or maybe both.
I just came back from TJMaxx and they have a nice selection of Kaiser springform pans and Nordic Bundt pans at great prices. Also a heavy as lead "off brand" of enamel cast iron for $50 for a 7+ qt. oval oven.

I was in TJMaxx on Wednesday and saw several pieces of Le Creuset "seconds." This store is usually good about having good deals, but these pieces were nearly as expensive as the non-seconds I've seen elsewhere. As with anything, it is wise to be observant and a bargain shopper.

E-bay, and like people have mentioned, TJMAXX.

I have really been surprised with the assortment of kitchenware that the TJmaxx has. You really have to dig through it sometimes, but you can get some real steals. The one by me even has some really cool and funky plateware on the cheap.

I forgot to mention yardsales. Either young couples having them, or "Old People" having them, I have found some jems at yardsales.

The place to look for LC also is caplanduval.com . It is a Canadian company but when they have specials on LC it a bargain, even with shipping. Also, the Mario Batali line on Amazon is a good price. I have bought 3 ovens (in a wonderful "espresso" color) for our kids for christmas. They were about $100 each, but there are often promotions for $25 off, etc. Shipping is free. And no tax.
Marshall's often has enamel cast iron also.
I have purchased an Innova oven also. It seems to have somewhat dropped off the radar, but check Amazon. It is heavy, good, cute colors and CHEAP. Another line is Daniel Boloud which seems to have come back up at bargain prices.
And yes, you do have to know the prices--or what you are willing to pay in order to know about a "bargain". The ones on eBay of course, have to be shipped. $$$$$

If you can't make up your mind by tonight, it is there most weeks and maybe every day in the Today's Deals or Outlet. Just an FYI.

gracias to gretchen!

Hey Gretchen:

Thanx for the tip on Amazon. I went straight to it and bought a much needed 5 qt saucepan. Excellent advice!:)

Back
Top Bottom