Griddle Advice, please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
Now that I've got my new stainless pots and pans, my last replacement piece is my griddle. (I've rid myself of all non-stick teflon stuff)

Does anyone have a griddle they really enjoy using? And, if you do love it, where one can be found?

I'm wondering about those double sized griddles. Would certainly make pancake mornings quicker!:chef:

Regulating heat is the tough part

I have a Calphon (sp?) griddle, and think its features make it the only one I will ever have. The cook-surface itself is a single piece stamping of anodized aluminum with a minor gutter around the perimeter to hold grease runoff. The stamping process also formed edges 3/4 of inch or so high. High-rise, riveted on handles stay cool enough to allow the griddle, when hot, to be moved around.

The problem, and I think I will find this with any griddle, is regulating the heat. The Calphon griddle is made to span two burners, and in my case, the two gas burners are different sizes. Since I don't use a griddle that much, I forget where the "perfect" settings are. :(

Good luck with your griddling,
Tom

Interesting, Staub - although, I'm looking for a flat griddle, rather than a grill pan :)ermm: or my pancakes may come out looking like ruffles potato chips ):mrgreen:

Tom, the big set I just got is all Calphalon - so it may be good for me to keep with the same company. Do you happen to know the name or model number? Thanks!:chef:

jkath said:
... Do you happen to know the name or model number? Thanks!:chef:

Hi jkath,

Below are a couple of pix of my griddle.

Hope this helps,
Tom

Attachments

• jkath1.JPG
    jkath1.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 226
  • jkath2.JPG
    jkath2.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 220
jkath, after trying a couple of castiron griddles I got a calphalon very much like tom's. It's 13" x 20" which is big enough for 6-8 pancakes or grilled cheese sandwiches at once. I really enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom