Hammer Stahl American Clad cookware...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't find the video very informative about the products.

A quick search for unbiased reviews yielded little other than the handle on a knife was too small.

I was looking at Hammer Stahl because their knives resemble my knives, which are Gunter Wilhelms so I thought they might be the same company, but Gunter Wilhelm knives are made in Germany while the Hammer Stahl knives are made in the USA

model_250_brn_01_1.jpg
img_8314.png

Last edited:
A 10 piece set of "7 ply" SS is around $600.

I'd think about buying it if it really is made in America. With anything but Chinese steel.

Last edited:
(most?all?) of the cookware is USA made, but the knives are not German made.

it's almost word for word ye olde Gunter Wilhelm spiel
Cutlery Details
"The process starts in Germany, where X50CrMoV15 stainless steel is fully forged and tempered for ideal strength and durability. The forged steel is then shipped to our state-of-the-art factory in Asia, where the detailed process of applying the Pakkawood handles is meticulously done by hand. After the razor sharp cutting edge is measured for precision by laser, the knife is polished, inspected and packaged. The finished product is an impeccable combination of beauty and functional design."

looks like Gunter Wilhelm has a new handle design and licenses/supplies the old stuff to New Era aka Hammer Stahl.

with further plot thickeners
https://rhinelandcutlery.com/our-story/

I get the impression there is a long and colorful history between the principals . . .

Back
Top Bottom