Hard Anodized Cookware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flphotog

Assistant Cook
I'm giving some thought to replacing my hodge podge of cookware if I can find something I can afford. I'm seeing some anodized aluminum that are affordable but my feeble is remembering some potential issue with this cookware a few years ago.
A google search served only to confuse me even more. Does anyone have any comments/experience on this issue?

Thanks

HA cookware is aluminum with an anodized surface. That surface can be scratched exposing raw aluminum.

I recommend multi-ply stainless steel cookware.

Aluminum seems to warp easily, IMO. We have switched to All-Clad SS, good quality enameled CI and plain CI.

I have a Calphalon set similar to Calphalon Contemporary set, not sure how to post link, using the phone. I've had it for more than 20 years. And it's still great. It's priced somewhat more reasonable than All Clad, which is awesome but spendy

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Last edited:
I'm giving some thought to replacing my hodge podge of cookware if I can find something I can afford. I'm seeing some anodized aluminum that are affordable but my feeble is remembering some potential issue with this cookware a few years ago.
A google search served only to confuse me even more. Does anyone have any comments/experience on this issue?

Thanks
I have a glass cooktop range. Hard anodized cookware warps when I heat it up. That means the bottom of the pans only make contact at the point of the warp. That causes very uneven cooking, hotspots and generally poor results. I only use cookware that has a disk bottom. Even my AllClad warps.

Well, I have 3 pieces of HA cookware I've used for 20 years with no signs of wear.
I bought them at an outlet store and even at that, they were expensive. I guess you get what you pay for sometimes.

Aluminum seems to warp easily, IMO. We have switched to All-Clad SS, good quality enameled CI and plain CI.

Thin aluminum warps easily, but not all aluminum cookware is thin.

Many of us grew up with Guardian, once sold door to door on the easy pay plan. I don't think any piece ever warped.

I have a hard anodized aluminum wok. About an eighth inch thick. No warp at all, and has been used on high heat often.

Back
Top Bottom