"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware
Click Here to Login
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2006, 08:20 AM   #1
Assistant Cook
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 31
Has anyone bought the "Leyse Professional Cookware" set?

Does anyone have experience with this cookware? Sam's doesn't seem to have the Member's Mark Tri-ply set anymore and this is all I could find on their site besides the Wolfgang Puck cookware.

Any opinions?


mickey_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:29 AM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef
Andy M.'s Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 46,667
I don't know anything about that brand. It appears to be single ply stainless with a layered disk attached to the bottom for even heat distribution.

It's difficult to evaluate as there isn't a lot of info on it.

Cookware of this type can work quite well in your kitchen. It depends on the quality of construction.

My one caveat is this: if you have a gas stove, disk bottom cookware may not be the best choice. When the burner is on high, the flames can reach beyond the edges of the disk and cause burning in the pot or pan. This is especially a problem with the smaller sized pans and the skillet as it has a smaller disk due to its sloping sides.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.