HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jstephenson141

Assistant Cook
I've just been a beautiful 3pc. set of pottery bakeware from a friend & can't wait to use it. On the care card it says "cold-oven start" . How do I adjust that on baking a cake? I've never not pre-heated. Could someone please tell me how this works?[emoji52]

I've just been a beautiful 3pc. set of pottery bakeware from a friend & can't wait to use it. On the care card it says "cold-oven start" . How do I adjust that on baking a cake? I've never not pre-heated. Could someone please tell me how this works?[emoji52]

If it was me I wouldn't use them for baking, as temperature and cooking time is usually critical for proper results. For a casserole or meat dish, cold start is more feasible.

I would imagine that it is suited to casserole type dishes and not meant for cakes. I would use something meant for cakes and make layered type casserole in your new pottery bakeware. If you want to make a dessert in it, how about bread pudding.

BTW, welcome to DC.

I would imagine that it is suited to casserole type dishes and not meant for cakes. I would use something meant for cakes and make layered type casserole in your new pottery bakeware. If you want to make a dessert in it, how about bread pudding.

BTW, welcome to DC.
Thanks! But one is a cake bunt pan. So.....how would that work? I'm really at a loss on this one

the only cold start cake recipes I can turn up in a short search are for pound cakes.

which indeed one could do in a bundt pan....

Back
Top Bottom