HELP - Trying to replace Falk Low casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badgerh

Assistant Cook
Hi,

My kitchen is nearly done and so by the middle of the week I will be all induction. I am in the process of replacing my most loved Falk copper pans and cannot find anything similar to the Falk low casserole (28cm) that I used probably more than anything else. See here (Falk Copper Low Casseroles) for smaller - the 28cm is readily available in Belgium: Falk Culinair - Products

I can find nothing at all that resembles this in induction ready pans. I need to have two small handles so it goes off hob into oven, must be clad to top as is used for browning meat and for larger quantities of bolognaise and other such sauces, and must be high enough to hold about 4 litres. I would be super grateful for any suggestions as to what I could replace it with. Availability in Europe would be nice.

Everything else will be replaced by various Demeyere pans (Some of Atlantis, Apollo and Industry ranges). None of the ranges has such a pan that is clad on the sides. The multifunction pan is the closest but really not deep enough.

I thank you all in advance for any help.
Andrew from Belgium

In the US this style of pan is often called an "everyday pan" Many manufacturers make them.

Some are more rounded than others, but if you use the web to search this term, you should find something similar. Amazon US carries a bunch from different brands.

Thanks GG and bakechef.

I had no idea this was called an everyday pan - although most of these seem more like a frying pan with two short handles rather than a low casserole with straight sides. They strongly resemble the Demeyere multifunction pan - I suppose multifunction and everyday could have a close connection :)

I had seen the Mauviel but do not want non-stick for this pan; I have plenty of non-stick pans that are not being changed. Sadly their inox range does not have a 28cm one, just 24.

Thanks again
Andrew

Just found a Mauviel multiply solution that looks perfect - Now how do I find a dealer in Belgium? The Belgians do not like Mauviel as they have Falk and Demeyere, Mauviel's biggest competitor!

Thanks again
Andrew

If it was me, I'd take the excuse to do a shopping trip to France :mrgreen: although I imagine that wouldn't be out of the ordinary for you, living in Belgium. Maybe do a Google search for distributors.

Yeah, I was in France last weekend (even have a house in the south) so this seems like an excuse to go again! However spending this sort of money when not alone becomes somewhat tricky !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom