How big is this pot/sauce pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mark111757

Assistant Cook
this was used to make an apple tart tatin....what i would like to know is what the diameter is at the top of the pan AND the bottom of the pan AND how deep it is.....

i like the idea of tatin in a pot :chef:

Attachments

• size pan2.jpg
    size pan2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 207
  • size pan.jpg
    size pan.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 207
First you get a ruler...

OK. It just occurred to me that's not your pan or your hand.

I'd guess it's about 8" in diameter at the top, 6" at the bottom and maybe 5" deep.

Last edited:
andy

thank for you posting....that is a screen shot from Neven Maguire-home chef (from RTE1 in ireland)...he was at gordon ramsays restaurant in london as he knows one of the chefs there and he was being shown how they do a tatin...i have seen it done in an oven proof (i would hope) frying pan but not in a pot....

hey bill

i was not aware that there were tatin pans...hmmmmm.....as i mentioned, i have seen it done in a frying pan....

thank you both for your posts...

what a great group we have here :chef:

I think you may have an issue trying to cook the apples interior of the pot. But the time the heat worked it's way in to the center, the exterior may be overdone.

Do you know if the hands in the photo are a man's hands or a woman's hands? Would give a better idea of scale to know.

The windsors I have are all about the same in proportions regardless of the size.

To me the pot looks like a Mauviel tin lined M250. Assuming my hand size is similar to the one in the photos it would be 9.5 top, 3.5 deep and about 8 at the bottom. All exterior dimensions.

Back
Top Bottom