How much is stainless steel set worth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matt_OKC

Assistant Cook
My wife inherited a stainless steel cookware set a few years ago. We don't have a use for it so we're planning to sell it on Craigslist but have no idea what it's worth. If I look on Amazon they go for $100 to $300. Can any of you give me a clue as to what I should ask?

here are a couple of pictures:
CraigsList pictures by Matthew_OKC - Photobucket

on the side they say "Craftsman Classics Cookware - TRI-PLY T304 Stainless Steel"
thanks

made by the West Bend company of Wisc. USA ... trademark was never granted as the company went sec 8. date is about 1989. value? none unless someone collects it. Put it up on ebay and see what happens. There may be real interest out there.

I don't see anything on ebay. Value would be probably equal to Emirlware or Marcusware ... 6 POTS WITH LIDS. what sizes (qt amounts) how heavy? (how tri ply are they really...bottoms only or all the way up the sides etc)

Last edited:
When you list it, you might want to include at least one photo of one mark on the bottom, size of each pan (usually in quart in the US), and take pics of the interior of any that are scratched, etc. Or, if you have a friend who is starting out, you could gift the set to that person or donate it to a local group that helps people get back on their feet.

As a reseller of used stuff, if I wanted it to move, I'd describe it well and ask $50, maybe a bit more. Used cookware of this sort is probably worth more than you can get someone to pay. I think you'd do better on eBay, if you don't mind the more elaborate process.

made by the West Bend company of Wisc. USA ... trademark was never granted as the company went sec 8. date is about 1989. value? none unless someone collects it. Put it up on ebay and see what happens. There may be real interest out there.

Section 8 is a federal housing assistance program for the poor.

I think you'd be lucky to get $50.

Last edited:
Section 8 is a federal housing assistance program for the poor. It was also a discharge condition from the military (looney). I was just giving what I found on the trademark info site.

There's no Chapter 8 bankruptcy, but it's sometimes said that some entity "went Section 8," because Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution is the one that provides for enacting laws regulating bankruptcy.

Yeah, you could sell it on Craig's List or eBay for 50 bucks, or you could donate it to the Starvation Army, Goodwill, The Rescue Mission, etc, and claim a $300.00 donation on your income tax!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom