I want a "French fry" pan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a deep fryer/crockpot/rice cooker combo. I like the way it frys but I don't deep fry often enough to use all the oil.

It's no problem, people - I'm not that sensitive, and I'm getting it anyway; if not 2 of them. :)

And you all are invited over for fries!

I'm comming.;)

Though I would not buy one of those. My stove came with a pan with holes, same idea, kind of. Have to try to see if it really is better that plain baking sheet.

What make and model is it, msmofet? I'd like to look at that.
No t sure. I don't use it very often any more. I will dig it out when I can. I think the brand is Eastern something or other. I got it at Lechter's Home goods store MANY years ago and they have since closed all their stores.

Searched Amazon. I didn't find the one I have but I found these which look almost the same as mine BUT they have removable electric/power cords so they can be submersable (mine isn't) which is MUCH better than mine.
Click >> deep fryer/crockpot/rice cooker combo

Hope this helps.

Thanks msmofet, my slow cooker is a huge oval one. I was trying to picture that one as a deep fryer. Nice unit you have there!

What you have to watch on these is their ability to get hot enough. Some that look good can't cut it. And high heat is the name of the game in deep frying. I got one of these Prestos, and it can definitely hit 400. Not bad for under $30 shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JM202I/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details
I have a presto fry baby packed away because it is way to small. It had no temp control just plug it in and it got hot. That thing worked beautiful!! But to small. The old fryer/steamer/slow cooker temp control goes up to 450F and works great. It was around $25 but not sold any more. I wondered if the new ones worked as good. Thank you for letting me know that the presto is a good one. If I ever need to replace I will witha presto. Thank you.

I don't want to use a ton of oil, like I see in most of the deep fryers. As I said, I have a stove top fryer for my skinny kids and they stick it in the freezer, oil and all, when they aren't using it.

I've also seen a deep fryer than uses very little oil, but i don't want to pay $300.

I imagine this is a subject for another thread, though.

What's needed is a pan that rotates the fries somehow. I open the 400F oven door and try and rotate the frozen fries which is hard to do, and they end up sliding all over the pan when trying, and the oven temp goes down as I'm trying to do this quickly.

Someone invent a french fry pan that does this somehow, please.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM Something along the same lines as the rotating carousel plate in the microwave.

The oven basket.
Amazon.com: IMCG Oven Basket: Home & Garden
81lD4s8rd5L._AA1500_.jpg

I wish I'd thought of crimping the corners of a piece of wire mesh and selling it for $13. There's so little blocking the heat that they probably don't need turning.

The cheapest, biggest, pan is a "holy" pizza pan. It was only $8 with a coupon at BBB. It's aluminim and dishwasher safe ... but after getting it home, with the fries in hand, my daugher noted that it won't fit in the dishwasher very easily.

Argh ....

hi this sound like a great pan for re-heating frozen pizza.. cover only the top with alum foil.. and keep the bottom on perforated ridged bottom.. where can i get this? note. i find that reheating pizza in completely wrapped alum foil can make the crust soggy

Back
Top Bottom