Is it just impossible to avoid ANY scratches?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny1999

Senior Cook
I have been feeling uncomfortable about scratches on my cookware even if they are fine scratches, especially after watching a comparison video on youtube which shows that fine scratches on dishes could attract a lot more color dye (and thus germs or bacteria etc) compared to a perfectly new dishes.

I have been testing on plastic dishes (should be PP 5 I guess) with different
cleaning tools. The scrub side of a sponge must scratch plastic easily and obviously which is warned and understood. However, I've also tried different
microfiber cloth and cotton cloth (>90% cotton, I am unable to buy pure cotton),and Yes, they are new and without debris or dirt which could scratch the surface. However, they still make fine scratches, not as obviously as the one created by scrubber sponge but they are still visible under the light.

Is it just impossible to avoid fine scratches on plastic surface??

I have been feeling uncomfortable about scratches on my cookware even if they are fine scratches, especially after watching a comparison video on youtube which shows that fine scratches on dishes could attract a lot more color dye (and thus germs or bacteria etc) compared to a perfectly new dishes.

I have been testing on plastic dishes (should be PP 5 I guess) with different
cleaning tools. The scrub side of a sponge must scratch plastic easily and obviously which is warned and understood. However, I've also tried different
microfiber cloth and cotton cloth (>90% cotton, I am unable to buy pure cotton),and Yes, they are new and without debris or dirt which could scratch the surface. However, they still make fine scratches, not as obviously as the one created by scrubber sponge but they are still visible under the light.

Is it just impossible to avoid fine scratches on plastic surface??

Are you trying them on clean plastic? The dirt and debris that people talk about scratching is usually already on the object being washed, rather than in the cloth.

Back
Top Bottom