ISO fastest boiling stovetop kettle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brevel_monkey

Assistant Cook
I need to buy a stovetop kettle. The most important thing is that it boils as fast as possible. This is for use on our small boat where saving gas is extremely important.

What will make it boil faster? Is aluminium faster than steel? Will a heavier base help somehow? What about copper base (I've seen some!)? A couple of places I've looked have suggested that a non-induction friendly kettle boils faster.

I need to buy a stovetop kettle. The most important thing is that it boils as fast as possible. This is for use on our small boat where saving gas is extremely important.

What will make it boil faster? Is aluminium faster than steel? Will a heavier base help somehow? What about copper base (I've seen some!)? A couple of places I've looked have suggested that a non-induction friendly kettle boils faster.

If the most important thing is the fastest boil, then tin lined copper is the best. The wider the base the better. Copper is pricy and maintenance is a little harder. Next is aluminum.

You know they do make 12 volt coffee makers.
I am guessing you have a propane stove.
To keep water hot longest, I would recommend a granite kettle found in camping.
Heat up fastest, the cheapest kettle to be found will work. I would also buy or make a tea cozy for it to hold in the heat.

OK, I'm a coffee nut (well good fresh coffee that is), I grind my beans which are never more than a couple weeks old and use an Aeropress for my coffee. That's just a bit of background, the real answer is that I use an Electric Kettle to boil my water, it's faster than anything on the stove.

Back
Top Bottom