ISO this vintage cooling rack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I didn't thank him, I just said that it was so nice, because it is so nice.
Caslon needs to send Gadzooks their address so he can mail them.

Yes, yes you did, bliss.

Reeding compreehenshun - not always my strongest skill. :(

Is this one of those conversations where my brother and I are in the backseat of the car and he hits me. I say,'MOM, he hit me', he says, 'no I didn't', then it goes back and forth, 'yes you did', 'no I didn't', 'yes you did', 'no I didn't'? lol ;)

I once had that exact conversation with my boss and he was in his mid-40's. I told him I had too much work, and he said, 'suck it up'. So then later I told him it was wrong of him not to take my complaint seriously and say, 'suck it up' and he said, 'no I didn't', I said,'yes you did', he said 'no I didn't', I said, 'yes you did'....I felt like we were both 5 years old and try as I might, I couldn't unroll my eyes.:neutral:

Anyways, the coolest part of the conversation is that gadzooks had the wherewithall to notice something at a second hand shop and think of someone, to buy it for them, someone he might not even know well (or he might know well), to be kind to someone else. I think that is just the greatest thing since, slice bread. I hope people are as kind to him as he is to others.

Is this one of those conversations where my brother and I are in the backseat of the car and he hits me. I say,'MOM, he hit me', he says, 'no I didn't', then it goes back and forth, 'yes you did', 'no I didn't', 'yes you did', 'no I didn't'? lol ;)...
I missed out on those conversations - I'm an only child. ;) I did hear stories from my Mom, though. The best one is when she was sitting on the couch complaining to her Mom (who, when last seen, had been in the kitchen) that her brother was pinching her as my uncle, sitting quietly next to Mom, defended himself loudly. Little did my Mom know that her Mom had quietly come in from the kitchen...until my Mom got a smack in the back of her head. :LOL: Like a "Gibbs Smack",(<NCIS reference) only decades earlier.

...to be kind to someone else. I think that is just the greatest thing since, slice bread...
Amen. Here, have a flower. :flowers:

Actually, Kayelle reminded me that just because the racks I have aren't shiny looking anymore, they still can perform as long as they're not rusty. BTW, just what is that shiny coating that has become dull over the years? A thin coating of something? Thanks Gadzooks and all for the replies and help. I guess I can just keep using these. I spritz them with Pam sometimes too. I might suggest that someone else take Gadzooks up on his offer. Those racks are so perfectly sized for brownie sized pans and my Corningware square cassarole dish. And hard to find too.

pan1.jpg

pan2.jpg

Last edited:
...did so. MOM!! He breathed on me. :LOL:

Sorry...this all just takes me back to a half century ago in the back seat of the car on family trips...LOL

Sorry...this all just takes me back to a half century ago in the back seat of the car on family trips...LOL

The worst one for me was being between two older siblings and getting 'wet willeys' from both sides. Arghhh!

Worse still!! I think Mom was actually chuckling in the front seat! Insult to injury!

Last edited:
My imaginary friend was Nancy.

I used to wander off and be picked up by the police. My mom would phone and ask if they had found a girl and give my name, they would say No.. then she would ask if they had found a girl named Nancy.... yup!
Wasn't long before they all knew me and would phone mom before she phoned them!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom