It Was Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
About a dozen or more years ago, I bought a three skillet set of non-stick cookware - 8", 10" and 12" for $20. at Costco. The smaller ones get used most for egg dishes. The larger one occasionally for other stuff. SO likes them. Good long service for $20.

It was time, however, to let them go the that big kitchen in the sky and replace them. Back to Costco. A three pan Tramontina set, made in the USA for $25. Inflation is a witch. These should last me until I die.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 235
Getting new non-stick is so satisfying, everything just glides around...kinda like that feeling you get putting on a brand new pair of cushy socks. :)

About a dozen or more years ago, I bought a three skillet set of non-stick cookware - 8", 10" and 12" for $20. at Costco. The smaller ones get used most for egg dishes. The larger one occasionally for other stuff. SO likes them. Good long service for $20.

It was time, however, to let them go the that big kitchen in the sky and replace them. Back to Costco. A three pan Tramontina set, made in the USA for $25. Inflation is a witch. These should last me until I die.

That's still a good price for 3 pans, Andy.

This is the first time a woman told me I had a nice set!

You are so lucky you don't work where I do, after that comment, and lucky too that BT isn't around any longer. In either case, you would have been roasted until well done.:LOL:

Nice pans. I have a new appreciation for non-stick, though I'd given them up so long ago for CI. I just can't get CI in the proper shape. And if there is an out there, it won't be as good as the Griswold that I'm used to. So, non-stick it is, for omelets and sometimes fried eggs. No utensils allowed!

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

You are so lucky you don't work where I do, after that comment, and lucky too that BT isn't around any longer. In either case, you would have been roasted until well done.:LOL:

Nice pans. I have a new appreciation for non-stick, though I'd given them up so long ago for CI. I just can't get CI in the proper shape. And if there is an out there, it won't be as good as the Griswold that I'm used to. So, non-stick it is, for omelets and sometimes fried eggs. No utensils allowed!

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Not even a silicone spatula?

The set I bought at Costco a couple months ago was a two pan set. A 9.25" and a 11" for $29.00.
They have metal handles and look like Calphalon.

I guess they stock more than one kind. The ones I bought were Kirkland (Costco) brand. I did not see the three pan set you have.

Sorry about the picture quality.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 211
The set I bought at Costco a couple months ago was a two pan set. A 9.25" and a 11" for $29.00.
They have metal handles and look like Calphalon.

I guess they stock more than one kind. The ones I bought were Kirkland (Costco) brand. I did not see the three pan set you have.

Sorry about the picture quality.

Our Costco had both sets. The one you bought and the one I bought. I chose the Tramintina set because it included an 8" pan.

I love to see people getting such nice things which make them very happy. These nice skillets are as fun as watching Beth's house and thinking of our new Catina!

I wish the Gizzi liked the non-stick skillets. But when he retires, I'll change that! Ha!

Oh no, we'll have to find another cook. Uck.

With love,
~Cat

Our Costco had both sets. The one you bought and the one I bought. I chose the Tramintina set because it included an 8" pan.

Andy. Yes, I saw your set last time I was in Costco. Seems they have a pretty good cooking utensil section now.
They had a two(2 piece) half sheet set, that was solid aluminum. They still have the sheets, but they look more shiny and not as professional looking as the two I saw before.
The ones that I thought were the best were less shiny and felt so commercial.

I missed out on a sewing machine they had last year. Singer brand for around $100. I wish I had bought it when I first laid eyes on it.
Now, they have zero sewing machines.

I always go to costco for my pans as well. I've even found a kirkland brand dutch oven like a le creuset for like $40 bucks or so. I did not buy it, I could kick myself now!

I keep ogling their complete pots and pans set but mine, though old and not pretty, is going strong after 20 something years. No matter how hard I try I just can't seem to ruin them. =0)

I always go to costco for my pans as well. I've even found a kirkland brand dutch oven like a le creuset for like $40 bucks or so. I did not buy it, I could kick myself now!

I keep ogling their complete pots and pans set but mine, though old and not pretty, is going strong after 20 something years. No matter how hard I try I just can't seem to ruin them. =0)

My anodized AL Calphalon set was purchased more than 20 years ago and they are as good today as ever. The inside bottoms of the most used are silver now from all the stirring. The coating is gone, but they still cook so good.
Not pretty, but they do a beautiful job.

I only have to replace my non-stick pans every couple three years.
And Costco would be on my short list should I ever need to buy any pans again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom