Keeper or Krap??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
My parents are moving and downsizing.
I came across this small pot.
It seems relatively sturdy although the handle appears to be cheap ( as the finish is chipping a little).
I haven't used it yet.
Its size and shape are a little strange for my purposes, although Im sure I'd find something to do with it.
Doesn't take up too much space so storing it isn't an issue.
Im not familiar with the brand.
Keep it or chuck it ??
***There is no sentimental connection to this pot***

Silga Teknika stainless steel

Teknika, made in Italy by Silga, is one of the most practical and beautiful ranges of stainless steel pans in Europe. Its functional pre-eminence lies in the 'Teknotherm' heat-diffusing base: a thick layer of aluminium sealed in by a protective casing of stainless steel. This ensures even cooking on all types of heat source and cuts down energy consumption. The construction of the walls gives instant heat right through the body of the pan. Lids fit closely to facilitate minimum-fat cooking and pan rims are gently curved, preventing liquids boiling over. These superb pans are extremely hardwearing. Suitable for all types of cookers including induction. Unless otherwise stated, lids are supplied separately and are interchangeable for pans throughout the range.
https://www.davidmellordesign.com/cooking-and-baking/cookware/silga-teknika

Keeper!

It looks like it's really small. Could be a professional kitchen kind of pan. You don't usually see such a long handle on a home kitchen cookware.

It appears to be SS (see the 18/10 designation on the bottom) and it looks like it has a layered disk on the bottom for better heat distribution. It's sort of a mini saucier.

It all depends on whether you would use it. It looks like a small, 1 qt saucepan, and since you don't have gas, the disk bottom won't matter - it won't burn in the thin metal area. I use a small, 1 qt pan frequently, sometimes for melting butter, and the like, but the thing I use it most for is the tarka, for Indian dishes - heating the oil and some spices, and usually some curry leaves, and dumping it on the dish, usually in less than 30 seconds. I use it so much for this that I got a 6" splatter screen, just to cover that with, when popping the mustard seed!

I'd say give it a good dose of oven cleaner on the bottom sealed with some plastic wrap and keep it. Looks like something that has promise.

I've come across multiple wonderful cookware at Goodwill that I will never part with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom