Kuhn-Rikon - please help decide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

remycancook

Assistant Cook
A year or so ago, we purchased the K-R 5 qt. pressure cooker and we love it.
We also watch Christina Pirello frequently and see her using the full line of your cook ware and hearing how much she loves it.

So now we want to add another pan to our collection. We would love your help in deciding. Here are our considerations:

1) We frequently use a large 5 quart straight-walled sautee pan that is near the end of it's useful life.

2) We also use a large slope-sided non-stick Analon omelet pan.

3) The pans I would consider are the following:

a) 5 qt hotel braiser- The size of this pan seems to be something that would make it extremely useful both as a saute pan and as a pressure cooker. Concerns and questions - I already have a 5 qt pressure cooker, so isn't this redundant?
Where would I use this pan instead of the other and vice versa?
There is no long handle on the pan, which makes it a bit more difficult to use as a saute pan. Is there a five quart saute pan with a long handle and the pressure cooker top? (It wasn't clear to me, but does this pan have the waffle base?)

b) 2.5 qt saute pressure cooker pan. This seems to solve the problem of the handles, but also seems like it would be too small.

c) 3 qt saute pan - smaller than our present large saute pan, but it's the biggest they have. It has the longer handle and the waffle base, so it would probably get lots of use. Is there a larger saute pan in their line?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

The only experience I have with K-R cookware is their pressure cooker, remy. It's a wonderful piece of cookware and, if it's any indication of the rest of their cookware, I should think you'd be pleased with any other piece you select.

However, there may be others on our boards who have experience and can offer suggestions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom