Mario Batali cookware - great prices!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haven't checked today but the prices are often the same on Amazon with free shipping on anything over $25.

Just checked my shopping cart on Amazon and the MB 6 qt oven is $79.99 and his VERY good looking lasagna pan is $69.99. Free shipping on anything over $25.

Which one. The cuisinart is $119. And there is probably a coupon somewhere, or you can open an Amazon credit card and save $30.

It's interesting to see that Copco (who makes the Mario line) is making enamel on cast iron cookware again. For the old timers, you may remember they stopped in the late 70's and all their great cookware was discounted and remaindered. I still have my enormous paella pan, and a 6-inch omelet pan.

OTOH, who makes a 9 x 13 pan of lasagna? My Corning lasagna pan is 13 x 17. :)

But his multi-cooker doesn't seem to be any bargain. Crate and Barrel has an 8-quart stainless pot with the same extras for $20 less... and the Batali pot is aluminum!

Actually, I make a 9X13 preferably--plenty to serve 8-10 people. But the main point of his lasagna pan for me is the depth. How deep is your Corning. I couldn't find it.

HAH! :LOL: you made me go measure it!

Min is 2 inches deep, and I fill it to the brim. I don't personally prefer when they are any deeper, as they take so long to bake, and are harder to eat. I don't really prefer food that gets stacked too high in restaurants, either.

Actually, lately I've been making individual lasagnas, by rolling the filling up in the cooked or fresh noodle. :)

How deep is the Batali pan?

His is over 3" deep. My regular Pyrex 9X13 would do in your case and indeed I have often made them that size, but it is also the reason I have changed my method . I even have a 12X18 pan, but that would be a LOT of lasagna--and it isn't really the right size to fit the noodles.
I make a 3 layer lasagnas--meat and veggie, they cook in an hour, and don't find them hard to eat. But in order to do that number of layers I have to use a foil restaurant half sheet pan. That is my preference for lasagna, hence my interest in Mario's pan. ;O)
I also think it would be an excellent pan for a lot of other things like roasts, plus very good looking.

Back
Top Bottom