Natural wood cutting board?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't really say I can see that great a difference in the laminated wood on these 2 boards. Yes, they are different widths but really, hardly enough to make that kind of a difference.View attachment 49142

As I understand it, the epoxy used with bamboo is super hard and is more on the surface of the board vs. a wood board where it's not on the cutting surface but between the boards.

I hav done no testing to verify this but I have read this in a number of tests and evaluations over the years.

Can't really say I can see that great a difference in the laminated wood on these 2 boards. Yes, they are different widths but really, hardly enough to make that kind of a difference.View attachment 49142

The top one is the bamboo one, isn't it? I zoomed in on that picture. Those "pieces" that make up the top one, to me, they look like they are each assembled from much thinner pieces of bamboo. All of the bamboo boards that I have seen are made up of long, thin pieces, that seem to be 2 mm or so in thickness.

20211006_164530.jpg Don't want splinter in my food (nor under my nails! LOL)

I don't flatten schnitzel on them! that's for sure - but use for everything else.

One girl dices the onions, another slices the scallions, 3rd does the mushrooms - prep is done in a jiffy! Love'em. They have had a lot of slicing and dicing done on them.

argh... lost half of my post somehow! When I remember what I was rambling on about I'll repost!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom