Need advice for my wedding registry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SilvrBck

Cook
I am getting married to a great girl in July. We went this weekend to register and I had absolutely no idea which cookware we should register for. I want a set that will last a lifetime. I'm assuming this wipes out ALL non-stick options. I know of none that stand up to time and I hate having to use plastic utensils. I could always go out and buy a cheapy non-stick skillet for eggs and such but that is really all I need non-stick for. I already have a couple of excellent cast iron pots/pans that I use for sauteeing, stews, browning, etc.

I have read more than a few threads and people say "All Clad." But when I look up All Clad there are a few models to chose from.

Any advice?

Drew

Well, my parents came through and hooked us up with a set of Calphalon One! They are awesome. I'm sure I'll have some questions as I get used to cooking with these beauties. :)

SilvrBck said:
I want a set that will last a lifetime. I'm assuming this wipes out ALL non-stick options. I know of none that stand up to time
Looks like you already got your pots and pans, but just for future reference your above statement is not true. I have Calphalon non stick pans and they are great! They stand up to abuse amazingly. One has a big deep scratch that happened years ago. The non stick coating has not come off around the scratch as you would expect and nothing sticks to it. Also they come with a lifetime warranty. Of course the warranty does not cover scrathes from using metal utensils which is how I got this scratch. These pans are very heavy duty and I am willing to bet that if I take good care of them (which I do) then they will outlast me.

GB said:
Looks like you already got your pots and pans, but just for future reference your above statement is not true. I have Calphalon non stick pans and they are great! They stand up to abuse amazingly. One has a big deep scratch that happened years ago. The non stick coating has not come off around the scratch as you would expect and nothing sticks to it. Also they come with a lifetime warranty. Of course the warranty does not cover scrathes from using metal utensils which is how I got this scratch. These pans are very heavy duty and I am willing to bet that if I take good care of them (which I do) then they will outlast me.

I guess I should have qualified my statement! I was simply basing this on my experience with cheap-o non-stick cookware. I love using metal utensils and I always thrash my non stick stuff. The Calphalon One is a perfect choice for me.

For our registry we just got a couple of Calphalon One fry pans and a dutch oven and some All Clad stainless steel sauce pan, sauce pot, and one other. I much prefer the All Clad, but I couldn't get too greedy on our registry so I only picked out a few different ones. I also registered for Le Cruset but no one got us anything from them, which sucked but what can you do. I do also love the Calphalon One fry pans not as much as All Clad but I use them every morning to make omelets and they come out great, and even though they aren't nonstick, I have made an omelet with them without using any oil or cooking spray and it just slid around the pan.

Back
Top Bottom